Bank Accounts

Old Nov 14th 2013, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Jessica is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bank Accounts

have heard of 2 people who have been told to close their bank accounts with State Bank of India. Not happened to me yet. Anyone else dealing with this?
Old Nov 14th 2013, 6:57 pm
I love apathy!

hemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud ofhemingway has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Bank Accounts

Originally Posted by Jessica
have heard of 2 people who have been told to close their bank accounts with State Bank of India. Not happened to me yet. Anyone else dealing with this?
AFAIK the only other reported problems have been with Axis bank.

H.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Bank Accounts

This information came from my solicitor re 2 of his clients so accept the veracity of this news...

Last edited by Jessica; Nov 15th 2013 at 1:34 am. Reason: extra symbol not needed
Old Nov 15th 2013, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Update. Corrected information. Apparently it was Axis. Phew!
Old Nov 17th 2013, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jessica
Update. Corrected information. Apparently it was Axis. Phew!
Jessica,

May I point you in the direction of this thread:

Axis Freeze NRO Foreigner Bank Accounts

A friend of mine has just arrived from the UK and is closing all of her bank accounts as her tourist visa runs out on December 26th. All 3 had been frozen: HDFC, IDBI and Axis. No problem with getting her money refunded but the bank accounts must be closed.

Hope the above thread makes the situation clear to you as to the whys and wherefores!

Chameleons.