Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Air Fares London - Goa

Air Fares London - Goa

Old May 28th 2012, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Fares London - Goa

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Not prejudiced about Indians - just the indecent assault brigade !!!
I do not excuse the behaviour of anyone whatever their background or culture who molest women and kids ! Or drunken axseholes - Indian, Western or whatever - it is unnecessary.

Dread - x
Dread that may be your own view but regards some other posts I agree with SteveK. If not his reason for it.

In just a couple of examples: the above post; "Indian tourists" per se seem to be viewed with great distaste.

The frequent "savages bringing filth" collection can probably be taken with a 'pinch of salt', but still unpleasant.

The post I found most disturbing was on the Food and Drink thread; apparently resenting that; "more 'Indians' than 'white' people had money to buy groceries at the supermarket". "Money probably taken from us".
I read this out to OH. His reply: "That's really nasty, why don't the people in charge say something?"
Old May 28th 2012, 4:25 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

[In just a couple of examples: the above post; "Indian tourists" per se seem to be viewed with great distaste."

Whatever we say, you take umbrage - what do you want posters to call Indian Tourists and Indians to differentiate them from other nationalities.

"That's really nasty, why don't the people in charge say something?"
You cannot reprimand people for saying what is true whether you like it or not.

I do agree that continually calling locals savages is inappropriate and I have said so.
Old May 28th 2012, 4:37 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
Dread that may be your own view but regards some other posts I agree with SteveK. If not his reason for it.

In just a couple of examples: the above post; "Indian tourists" per se seem to be viewed with great distaste.

The frequent "savages bringing filth" collection can probably be taken with a 'pinch of salt', but still unpleasant.

The post I found most disturbing was on the Food and Drink thread; apparently resenting that; "more 'Indians' than 'white' people had money to buy groceries at the supermarket". "Money probably taken from us".
I read this out to OH. His reply: "That's really nasty, why don't the people in charge say something?"

And the reason you have singled me out to address this post to is........??????

I have never used the term 'savages'. I have never shown a dislike of Indians. I may comment on things which could be improved upon in Goa - but as someone who goes there a lot I am like you just as entitled to make my observations - even if they don't always mirror your own Bipat !

I laugh at the saggy brown pants for swimming - just as I do when I see budgie smuggling Speedos - or those old men in rag thongs who play bat and ball on Candolim Beach - all pretty gross but amusing all the same!!

You seem to make excuses for the male of the Indian species who molests women on the beaches - WHY? If these men would not molest women in the town where they live, then they know it is wrong to molest a women - I do not see your excuse of blaming the women in a bikini as valid ! Couldn't that view be tantamount to stating that a women who wears a short skirt and a thong is asking to get raped ?
If it is wrong anywhere, it is wrong anywhere and the perpetrators know it is wrong, so have no excuse.

So I will ask you again - why have you singled me out to address this post to? Isn't this a point that would be better served addressed to a wider audience? Or do you flatter me by feeling that only my opinion is worthwhile to you?

Dread - x
Old May 28th 2012, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by noni
[In just a couple of examples: the above post; "Indian tourists" per se seem to be viewed with great distaste."

Whatever we say, you take umbrage - what do you want posters to call Indian Tourists and Indians to differentiate them from other nationalities.

I do agree that continually calling locals savages is inappropriate and I have said so.
Indian tourists which are here in Goa en masse through May are commonly called "domestic tourists"!

They are in in the sea drinking beer , they are in Newton`s buying more alcohol than any of the European /Russian tourists buy in 5 months and they are totally manic on scooters and in cars on the roads! But it is their country!!
Old May 28th 2012, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by msj5
Indian tourists which are here in Goa en masse through May are commonly called "domestic tourists"!

They are in in the sea drinking beer , they are in Newton`s buying more alcohol than any of the European /Russian tourists buy in 5 months and they are totally manic on scooters and in cars on the roads! But it is their country!!
And how the hell has a thread about cost flights got on to"dometic tourism"????
Old May 28th 2012, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

It's not what you call Indian tourists, they are Indian tourists, it's that you want them to be kept away from "anything and everything". Doesnt that indicate your distaste for them particularly?

Your second comment: yes it is true that Indian people have money to buy groceries (just like white people), and some will have earned it through the tourist trade.
The question was why do you express such resentment that they should have money to shop where you shop? (It was your post).
Old May 28th 2012, 4:45 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msj5
And how the hell has a thread about cost flights got on to"dometic tourism"????

Ask Bipat - my new fan !!

Dread - x
Old May 28th 2012, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And the reason you have singled me out to address this post to is........??????

I have never used the term 'savages'. I have never shown a dislike of Indians. I may comment on things which could be improved upon in Goa - but as someone who goes there a lot I am like you just as entitled to make my observations - even if they don't always mirror your own Bipat !

I laugh at the saggy brown pants for swimming - just as I do when I see budgie smuggling Speedos - or those old men in rag thongs who play bat and ball on Candolim Beach - all pretty gross but amusing all the same!!

You seem to make excuses for the male of the Indian species who molests women on the beaches - WHY? If these men would not molest women in the town where they live, then they know it is wrong to molest a women - I do not see your excuse of blaming the women in a bikini as valid ! Couldn't that view be tantamount to stating that a women who wears a short skirt and a thong is asking to get raped ?
If it is wrong anywhere, it is wrong anywhere and the perpetrators know it is wrong, so have no excuse.

So I will ask you again - why have you singled me out to address this post to? Isn't this a point that would be better served addressed to a wider audience? Or do you flatter me by feeling that only my opinion is worthwhile to you?

Dread - x
I just answered your post Dread because you had answered SteveK without apparently realising what he was getting at.

I have never indicated that there is any excuse for the behaviour of men who molest women. There are Indian men of all types of criminal, molester, rapist you name it they will exist.
I have merely pointed out in the past, that a type of attire that they are not used to in their own society will attract this type of man. It's not an excuse its a reason.

What SteveK was pointing out and I agreed with was the number of posts which express contempt for 'Indian/domestic tourists in general and occasionally anything or any person Indian with contempt or distaste.

I began my answer to your post with the words that you were not one of these.
Old May 28th 2012, 5:12 pm

I just answered your post Dread because you had answered SteveK without apparently realising what he was getting at.

I have never indicated that there is any excuse for the behaviour of men who molest women. There are Indian men of all types of criminal, molester, rapist you name it they will exist.
I have merely pointed out in the past, that a type of attire that they are not used to in their own society will attract this type of man. It's not an excuse its a reason.

What SteveK was pointing out and I agreed with was the number of posts which express contempt for 'Indian/domestic tourists in general and occasionally anything or any person Indian with contempt or distaste.

I began my answer to your post with the words that you were not one of these.
You say that the attire of women in Goa is a 'reason' - you may see that as a reason - I do not find that an acceptable reason.
If those people would not molest women or kids in the town or village where they live - then they know it is wrong to molest any women or kids - therefore in my book they have the releveant mens rea to know their behaviour is wrong.
And just for the record I understood Steve's post perfectly well thanks !

Thank you for clarifying - so when are you coming for your day out to the Calangute 'wet vest comp' ?

Dread - x

Last edited by dreadsoc; May 28th 2012 at 5:18 pm.
Old May 28th 2012, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You say that the attire of women in Goa is a 'reason' - you may see that as a reason - I do not find that an acceptable reason.
If those people would not molest women or kids in the town or village where they live - then they know it is wrong to molest any women or kids - therefore in my book they have the releveant mens rea to know their behaviour is wrong.
Thank you for clarifying - so when are you coming for your day out to the Calangute 'wet vest comp' ?

Dread - x
You have accused me in the past of not reading your posts. I said the dress code would be a reason to attract that sort of man to the area, not a reason to molest the women!!
If I may say so you introduced the subject of molestation into this thread. Myself and SteveK were commenting on some posters' apparent dislike of 'Indians' in general. (That will not change I suspect).

I will let you know if we can exert ourselves to get to Calangute.
You must visit us in Karwar, not a bikini (or even a female bathing suit) in sight, we wouldn't dare. Although a niece wears her husband's cycling shorts in the sea at the far end of the beach
Old May 28th 2012, 6:39 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

It's not what you call Indian tourists, they are Indian tourists, it's that you want them to be kept away from "anything and everything". Doesnt that indicate your distaste for them particularly?

Your second comment: yes it is true that Indian people have money to buy groceries (just like white people), and some will have earned it through the tourist trade.
The question was why do you express such resentment that they should have money to shop where you shop? (It was your post).
As far as I am concerned and MY posts, you read into them things that are not there. I love Goa so much that I am returning on my own this season.
Old May 28th 2012, 6:43 pm

:focus :
Old May 28th 2012, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Air Fares London - Goa

:focus :
As I often do I am unsubscribing to this thread as it seems they always end up moaning, bickering and pointing fingers at peoples different view points which are totally off subject. Can we at least make an attempt at sticking to the thread and only adding a comment if it is positive. Thanks.
Old May 28th 2012, 10:34 pm

~BACK TO TOPIC PLEASE
Attached Images  
Old May 29th 2012, 2:20 am

And returning to topic - jet have flights from Heathrow return for £570 at the moment - for those looking to book !

Dread - x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.