Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Advice on arranging short term rentals?

Advice on arranging short term rentals?

Old Sep 5th 2014, 11:38 am
Just Joined

ShiftyJJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on arranging short term rentals?

My wife and I are heading to Goa for six month from January next year. We want to rent a modern villa. We plan to book a hotel at first and look at properties when we are over there rather than renting through the internet.

How do people usually go about this?

Can anyone on here recommend any property agents that they have used around Vagator, Colva or Palolem? (we are not sure which area we are going to stay yet)

Any additional, useful info that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Advice on arranging short term rentals?

Staying in a hotel is the best idea. Just put the word out that you're looking for a long term rental and they'll be on you like flies. As you're looking at 6 months, remember that monsoon starts in June.
Old Sep 5th 2014, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the reply. Being there for the beginning of the monsoon season in June is not a problem for us.

When we are out there should we be looking for property agents or just individuals who have properties to rent?
Old Sep 5th 2014, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ShiftyJJ
Thank you for the reply. Being there for the beginning of the monsoon season in June is not a problem for us.
What sort of visa do you plan on getting?

AndyD 8-)
Old Sep 6th 2014, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

I don't know anyone who's used agents. Everyone takes a cut so individual recommendations should be better value. They're all "agents" in a way.
Old Sep 6th 2014, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Advice on arranging short term rentals?

Originally Posted by ShiftyJJ
My wife and I are heading to Goa for six month from January next year. We want to rent a modern villa. We plan to book a hotel at first and look at properties when we are over there rather than renting through the internet.

How do people usually go about this?

Can anyone on here recommend any property agents that they have used around Vagator, Colva or Palolem? (we are not sure which area we are going to stay yet)

Any additional, useful info that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Good idea to stay in a hotel or some sort of accommodation first but just ask around and drive to places where you like the look of and I am sure you will see For Rent signs..many in Russian sadly! As far as finding a modern villa..not sure about this. The best properties are Portuguese villas but they can cost 70 to 80,000 rps a month. You could stay in Panjim for a few days and then have a look at both north and south from there. Its personal choice what you prefer. Good luck.
Old Sep 6th 2014, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by a_f_d
What sort of visa do you plan on getting?

AndyD 8-)
We both have pio cards as my wifes parents were originally from Goa.
Old Sep 6th 2014, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Good idea to stay in a hotel or some sort of accommodation first but just ask around and drive to places where you like the look of and I am sure you will see For Rent signs..many in Russian sadly! As far as finding a modern villa..not sure about this. The best properties are Portuguese villas but they can cost 70 to 80,000 rps a month. You could stay in Panjim for a few days and then have a look at both north and south from there. Its personal choice what you prefer. Good luck.
Thank you for your reply. I mean one of the newer build villas that are within a development. Are these in a similar price range? Where are the best places to look for the for rent signs?
Old Sep 6th 2014, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

You could look at the Classified ad's in Heraldo

AndyD 8-)
Old Sep 13th 2014, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by a_f_d
You could look at the Classified ad's in Heraldo

AndyD 8-)
Thanks. There are a few other classifeds web sites i found on google as well. It has given us an idea of price and what is available.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

pocas is an unknown quantity at this point

You could try olx goa or quikr goa.I 've found properties for friends long term on these sites, prices are always negotiable.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

poipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud of

You could have a look here, they do long term rentals too, although the prices quoted are for short rentals, you'll probably need to message them to get a price for a long term rental. It's an English couple who run it.

Properties in Goa To Rent - Holiday Rents Goa
Old Sep 29th 2014, 7:33 am
Just Joined

Thanks Pocas and Poipleshadow for those websites. I am going to message some people to see what sort of deals I can get.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

poipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud ofpoipleshadow has much to be proud of

good luck
Old Dec 1st 2014, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

sandipvikas is an unknown quantity at this point

Besides the popular hotels and resorts there are many villa & apartment available on rent in Goa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.