Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

We are going to Aleppo - Links to a march being organised from Berlin to Aleppo

We are going to Aleppo - Links to a march being organised from Berlin to Aleppo

Old Dec 27th 2016, 1:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We are going to Aleppo - Links to a march being organised from Berlin to Aleppo

https://twitter.com/AleppoMarch

Civil March for Aleppo - Berlin > Aleppo, 26.12.2016

The woman walking to Aleppo to 'end the Syrian war' - BBC News
We’re carrying these white flags to let the whole world know our message: Enough is enough. This war has to stop!

And this war can be stopped. This war can be ended with a few strokes of a pen. But even if we still have to wait for that, we can’t wait and see the suffering of the people of Aleppo. No one deserves what they are going through. It’s no longer a “normal” war, if children’s hospitals become the targets

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 27th 2016 at 2:48 am. Reason: To make it clear this is copy and paste from somewhere else. Site Rules apply.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 2:51 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default re: We are going to Aleppo - Links to a march being organised from Berlin to Aleppo

I have snipped out the entire copy and paste from elsewhere but have left one short paragraph and the links.

As you appear to be in Colorado, I gather you are not intending to go on this march then Boiler or are you ? Have I accidentally snipped out your post which explains your interest and opinion.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 2:57 am
Account Closed

Default re: We are going to Aleppo - Links to a march being organised from Berlin to Aleppo

I thought there could be many who post on here that would be interested in participating.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 3:09 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Boiler
I thought there could be many who post on here that would be interested in participating.
Shall I move this to the Germany or Europe forum then if that is your intention ? You have plonked this down in the unlikely TIO.

In fact it would seem more sensible to move this then to where people that can attend may be looking in, so I have moved the thread and altered the thread title to better reflect your intention here ;-)

Last edited by BEVS; Dec 27th 2016 at 3:14 am. Reason: No edit but Boiler intended the audience to be those that could attend so needed moving
Old Dec 27th 2016, 7:33 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We are going to Aleppo - Links to a march being organised from Berlin to Aleppo

I can't see that going well. Could be worse, the loons could have done this when isis where in control.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 7:43 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We are going to Aleppo - Links to a march being organised from Berlin to Aleppo

Just to say that three French European Members of Parliament with a similar purpose were recently blocked at the Turkish frontier....
Old May 17th 2017, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

slammer is an unknown quantity at this point

In what magical-unicorn-rainbow-flower bubble are you living in? As you are on a German part of the Forum perhaps you should look up on the meaning of "Weltfremd" it´s one of these lovely simple german compound words that have no direct translation, but the gist of it is that anybody planning on going to Aleppo waving white flags will make great target practice.
Have you perhaps considered that the combatants actually don´t want to stop shooting at each other, I mean come on, they are for most part young males with waaaay too much testosterone and the common sense god gave a bag of hammers, and they are living the ultimate dream of a first person ego shooter.
And you want to wave silly white flags, good luck with that.
Old May 17th 2017, 10:19 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

They're taking their sweet time. Reckon they'll be in Syria by September. Or rather they'll be refused entry at the Greek-Turkish border in two weeks' time.

'Weltfremd' = living on another planet (more or less )
Old May 18th 2017, 12:12 am
Account Closed

Looks like they could have hired a coach and got everybody in.
Old May 18th 2017, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Refugees trudging in the opposite direction will think they are crazy!

I'm sure the exercise will do them good, but if nothing amiss happens if they reach Aleppo, how long are they staying, and how will they return?
Old May 22nd 2017, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

slammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aries
Refugees trudging in the opposite direction will think they are crazy!

I'm sure the exercise will do them good, but if nothing amiss happens if they reach Aleppo, how long are they staying, and how will they return?
Probably not long and returning in bodybags.
Old May 22nd 2017, 8:19 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

From the website, they haven't reached the Turkish border yet (scheduled during the first week in June) and expect to take 3 months to cross Turkey. The question is, will they manage to do better than the French EU MPs on the same mission last year, and be allowed to enter Turkey?