Munich v Dublin

Old Oct 4th 2012, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

outward_Bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Munich v Dublin

Hi guys, does anyone know how comparable the cost of living would be in the 2 cities above?

thanks!
Old Oct 5th 2012, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Munich v Dublin

Maybe I should rephrase... Is munich an expensive place to live?

A nice modern 1 bed apartment in dublin would cost around 900 euro. TV and internet would be about 60 euro. Income tax and expenses are also fairly high (unsurprisingly). A pint of beer (always a good indication ) is around 5 euros

Can anyone supply some info on the cost of things in munich?

Cheers
Old Oct 6th 2012, 5:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

I don't live in MUnich but have a look at this website

I have the feeling it is fairly accurate (BTW, in case the site asked you to join there is no need to do it).
If you would like more information there is a forum that is a bit more active than this one: toytown Germany.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 10:41 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by outward_Bound

A nice modern 1 bed apartment in dublin would cost around 900 euro. TV and internet would be about 60 euro. Income tax and expenses are also fairly high (unsurprisingly). A pint of beer (always a good indication ) is around 5 euros

Cheers
Sorry, I can't help, I follow the Germany forum because my two daughters live in Berlin.
Going from your other threads, you are at crossroads and don't know which direction to take! Can you tell us why you're particularly interested in München and Dublin? (where the rent seems to be about the same as Paris and Internet about double what we pay!) There is at least one BE member in München who could help, but you may get more response on the other forum mentioned.
Good luck in your decision!
Old Oct 8th 2012, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

hi guys for the response. I'm currently working in dublin and have been offered a position that I can take up in either dublin or munich (same salary). I'm trying to figure out if i should negotiate harder if i take the munich position. THanks again for your advice, I'll look into the other forum

Cheers
Old Oct 13th 2012, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

My brother lives in munic, quite central in a 1 bed flat and prices sound about the same as mentioned above. Munic is expensive but so is Dublin. But I would always negotiate harder. More money = more after work pints

Last edited by ninaDGBCA; Oct 13th 2012 at 2:04 am.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 2:10 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by outward_Bound

Cheers
I'm a bit out of date, but I'd think you could get a small 1 bed flat (unfurnished though) for about that. No idea about internet, but when I last lived in Germany, TV (satellite) was free after you'd bought the dish. A pint (or at least a half liter) of beer is still about 5 euro.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Wombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant futureWombatz has a brilliant future

I had a quick look on the real estate websites, you could get a flat for 900 Euros in Munich, just depends on the area and the condition / size of the flat.

Just remember that Munich is the most expensive city in Germany for just about everything, so negotiating a bit more might be a good idea
Old Oct 17th 2012, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

everjo will become famous soon enougheverjo will become famous soon enough

Hi, well, Munich is indeed the most expensive city with regard to all areas of life: housing, leisure time activities, restaurants, and so on. Dublin is also fairly expensive in places, but I do not think that it is comparable. If you move to the outskirts of the city it might be a bit cheaper, yet, depending on where you are working, you might need to make compromises. But congrats! Munich is beautiful and worth a longer visit.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 6:39 am
Just Joined

burgin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Munich is a fantastic city to live in, my last experience of Dublin was about 20yrs ago. Accommodation in Munich is the main killer especially if you wish to live in one of the more popular areas such as Schwabing. Remember that most places available for rent are completely empty so you will need to budget for a kitchen and even light fixtures which can add up if you are only staying for a short period.

Bye