Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Marrying my German boyfriend soon

Marrying my German boyfriend soon

Old Aug 8th 2012, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Happyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marrying my German boyfriend soon

Hi, I am soon to Be married to my German boyfriend who is In the Army, he is currently based in England but will be posted back home around Christmas time and I will be going with him. I am both nervous and excited about this but am worried because I have always worked and earned my own money but I will not be able to work there as I do not speak the language. He tells me it will be fine and I will make some friends but it is still a worry to me. Are the any Brits here living around the Munster area that I could get to know beforehand . Many thanks for reading this.

Last edited by Happyness; Aug 8th 2012 at 9:04 am. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Aug 10th 2012, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marrying my German boyfriend soon

Sounds like an exciting adventure I wouldn't worry too much though. Work on your language skills even if it is hard and boring! Good language skills are the door to go through. I am German and married an American, moved to the US and enjoyed it very much.
Old Aug 12th 2012, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Jude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marrying my German boyfriend soon

Originally Posted by Happyness
Hi, I am soon to Be married to my German boyfriend who is In the Army, he is currently based in England but will be posted back home around Christmas time and I will be going with him. I am both nervous and excited about this but am worried because I have always worked and earned my own money but I will not be able to work there as I do not speak the language. He tells me it will be fine and I will make some friends but it is still a worry to me. Are the any Brits here living around the Munster area that I could get to know beforehand . Many thanks for reading this.
Munster was full of Brits earlier and there are probably loads still there. DonĀ“t worry too much German is difficult but not impossible. I met my hubby 1967 and he spoke very little english, I spoke no german when I arrived in Germany 1968 and I am still here!!! It is hard but after a while you pick up more and more.

Join up with others in the same boat at classes and watch lots of TV. You will get the hang of things after a while.