Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

looking for work in germany, where best to go now?

looking for work in germany, where best to go now?

Old Jul 5th 2012, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

glasgowceltic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for work in germany, where best to go now?

H there, I am soon to be heading of to europe with some savings and wanting to taste a new culture etc. Germany is somewhere i would like to spend time In, working and meeting new people. I hear the german system has no min wage which is not ideal and there are lots of people applying for the same positions lowering the wage.

I dont mind working for low wages if it get me a foot in the door and on my way, but are there any "stay away areas" where the competition is fierce and the chances of losing money is high.

If anyone could put me in the right direction of more opportunities or know anything regards work would be great. Hospitality is my aim in short term as its what i know and teaching english is a my long term plan.

Thanks and all the best
Old Jul 13th 2012, 8:42 am
Account Closed

Save_the_brave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: looking for work in germany, where best to go now?

Hello glasgowceltic,

Do you have teaching experience? Actually, I work as an English teacher and teach English to Germans and other foreigners in Germany. A good city to start is Berlin. First because the city is just amazing - you'll love it! Secondly, there are a lot of private schools where you can find work as an English teacher. If you want I can pass you a link to a private school where I used to teach. Normally you are paid as a freelancer.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

glasgowceltic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: looking for work in germany, where best to go now?

That would be fantastic!!, however I don't have a qualification...yet. I am going to a TEFL course if needed. Its funny You should say Berlin, as that's where I am heading In 3weeks time!. I am really looking forward to it, always wanted to stay there. I have savings In the meantime but wont last me too long, so In the short-term hopefully pick up some work (bar,coffee shop) and also do a little busking.

Any help would be excellent and really appreciated.

Danke!