Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

long term rental Berlin area

long term rental Berlin area

Old Sep 2nd 2014, 10:16 am
Just Joined

timaloy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default long term rental Berlin area

hi require 2 bedroom furnished apartment/house Berlin area.30 kms from centre,internet is proving a nightmare to search,anyone help,cheers
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: long term rental Berlin area

Originally Posted by timaloy
hi require 2 bedroom furnished apartment/house Berlin area.30 kms from centre,internet is proving a nightmare to search,anyone help,cheers
Which sites did you try? Immobilienscout24 seems to have a lot of properties.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 10:36 am
Just Joined

cheers Moses,ive tried this one,trouble seems to be getting viewings,as you know in the uk,or most other eu country's i can simply ring an estate agent and arrange a few viewings,this does not seem possible in Germany,we will be travelling to berlin area for 1-2 weeks and hope to get a long term rental,just seems extremely difficult,been on internet for days now and not a single viewing ???
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by timaloy
cheers Moses,ive tried this one,trouble seems to be getting viewings,as you know in the uk,or most other eu country's i can simply ring an estate agent and arrange a few viewings,this does not seem possible in Germany,we will be travelling to berlin area for 1-2 weeks and hope to get a long term rental,just seems extremely difficult,been on internet for days now and not a single viewing ???
You could try and get in contact with the agent directly and explain the situation, the contacts are always on the right side of the offer. Getting long term rental in Germany shouldn't be an issue, as that's what landlords want. The problem I see is that many properties are gone in a week, so agents won't agree to keep something for you. All you can do is ring an agent and tell them when you're available to view. Maybe on the day you arrive in Germany something might pop up. You'll also need full credit history (Schufa) for many properties. You can see on the website where Schufa is required.
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

cheers moses,i will give it a go,the schufa i will look into although ive no credit history in Germany,my way round it would be to pay 3 months + up front
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

How about this (not sure if the price is alright). You wont need a Schufa, they are used in dealing with people from abroad:

berlinovo | Immobilien Gesellschaft mbH
Old Sep 2nd 2014, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

cheers for that assanah