Reload this Page >

Health Insurance

Health Insurance

Old Mar 18th 2014, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Drummerboy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health Insurance

Hi all.
My girlfriend and I are moving permanently to Germany later this year. We are hoping to settle in the NRW region, perhaps near Bad Salzuflen. My girlfriend will be looking for part time work (She is fluent in German) and from my understanding, her health insurance (public) will be a percentage of her earnings. I will be 51 and my partner 50 when we move. I'm not planning to work as I will be in receipt of a UK local government pension (Police) but will still need public health insurance. Does anyone know how this will work. My pension will be taxed in the UK as that is where it is paid, but will the net amount then count as earnings for a percentage to be calculated for German health insurance..?

Really hope someone can help with this as I'm trying to work out what our monthly budgeting will need to be in advance....

Thanks in advance for any help...
Old Mar 22nd 2014, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Insurance

Get an EHIC to tide you over untilo you sort things out. You will have to make payments to a "Krankenkasse" (Health Insurance Fund.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Drummerboy56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Health Insurance

Ok, thanks.... Does anyone know what the percentage will be.... I'm anticipating receiving around €1300 per month in pension after the tax has been paid in the UK.... We found a website that gave us a figure of 15.5% for my partners insurance! with roughly 8.5% deducted from her pay and 7% from her employer but obviously I won't have an employer! just a pension income...?