Germany or US?

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Aidanmccarthy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Germany or US?

Hi
I am living in England and have the rights to English, Irish and German Passports. I am thinking of moving to Germany or the US.
Anyone have any suggestions
Thanks
Old Jul 26th 2007, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond reputedave2702 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Germany or US?

Well the trouble with the US is actually getting a visa to live there, you'll need to get employment sponsorship and at the moment Homeland Security are so bad that many Brits who've been over there for 10 years have still to get the right to be a permanent lawful resident
Old Aug 4th 2007, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Aidanmccarthy
Hi
I am living in England and have the rights to English, Irish and German Passports. I am thinking of moving to Germany or the US.
Thanks
If you have an EU passport, there isn't much point in getting a passport for another EU country.

If you have a choice between UK, Irish and German - I would probably go for Irish.

Bare in mind, that Germany still has national service. Not sure or the rules, but if you are are German Citizen, the possibility exists that you might get called-up!

I lived in Munich (southern Germany) for a few years - and its a nice place. You would have to learn the language though - and its difficult to make friends there as they seem to be quite 'clicky'.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

JR76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aidanmccarthy
Hi
Thanks
The US is rather nutty right now (IMO). Our currency also is going down the toilet and house prices are not going down even though the demand is. Whether it's the homeowners or the banks they defaulted on, they're going to hold onto their ridiculously high rates, forever.

I'd probably try Germany, but remember you have the whole EU at your fingertips.
Old Jun 29th 2008, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

andrewshrehane6j is an unknown quantity at this point

Germany's a lovely place. Why not come here first - it requires almost no paperwork. If you hate it, go to the US!

Andy
Old Jun 30th 2008, 6:52 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewshrehane6j
Germany's a lovely place. Why not come here first - it requires almost no paperwork. If you hate it, go to the US!

Andy
Did you read the dates on all the threads you have replied to. ?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

angelaj70 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd pick Germany. But then again I'm a woman so national service does not apply to me. I believe if you exceed a certain age you will not get drafted.

Which languages do you speak?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

angelaj70 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Did you read the dates on all the threads you have replied to. ?
Whoops, I didn't read the date myself. Sorry! (If required, please delete my post)
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:35 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelaj70
Whoops, I didn't read the date myself. Sorry! (If required, please delete my post)
No problem, but andrewshrehane6j trawled up posts from 2 years ago, the posters are probably long gone. ;-)
Old Jun 30th 2008, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, I'm new to this forum and didn't see the entry dates, only when people had joined.

Perhaps I shouldn't post again as a form of self punishment...
Old Jun 30th 2008, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Anyway, sorry if I bumped too many posts up; I just found it hard to locate stuff about Germany.

Also, I wanted to be helpful.

Oh dear...
Old Jun 30th 2008, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

I'll be quiet now and go back to the Kneipe.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 3:58 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by andrewshrehane6j
I'll be quiet now and go back to the Kneipe.
No it`s not a problem, it`s just that you may not get any replies as the posters have probably moved on, post about something from now. ;-))