Default Germany

I´m looking for contact with others who live in Germany. have a good weekend
Old Jun 20th 2006, 6:49 am
Just Joined

pink panther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Germany

hi there,

so how you finding Germany?

we lived in stuttgart for nearly two years but left in February this year. just couldnt cope with the language and basically living with germans. think it is a lovely country though, great location, we learnt to ski while there.

We are now living in NZ surprisingly miss things about germany, wish we were there now for world cup,i hear the atmosphere is great.

hope you are enjoying your experience??

bye for now, Lynn

Originally Posted by Earlwarwick
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:05 am
Just Joined

Earlwarwick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for your message.

I have been here in Germany since 1987 but I must agree, the language really is complicated, especially the grammar. On the other hand, English is not all that English for a non-native speaker either . Some of the Germans can be an unfriendly lot but I supposed you get used to it in time. I would not say that they all are though.

I suppose it is normally the case that you only notice what you had when you haven´t got it any more. NZ must be a lovely country though.

Yeah, the World Cup experience is good but to be honest, I hop it will get a bit quieter soon.

Have fun in NZ!

Trevor
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:36 am
Just Joined

nzgeordie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I spent a number of years in Mainz Germany and loved it. Iam now living in Wellington NZ. Still working on my German though as I hope to get back there soon. Was a bit lazy with the language. Where in NZ are you Lynn?

george
Old Nov 1st 2007, 5:14 am
logga8

logga8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Earlwarwick
ive lived here for nearly 13 yrs untill about 3 or 4 yrs ago it was greatßßßßßßß thencame the euro or the euro started to bite i.e prices stared to go up e.t.c then came the bigest cock up in german history ;the maut since then the germany mentally has completely changed. its now a case of f----- you jack im ok .
Old Nov 1st 2007, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by logga8
then came the bigest cock up in german history ;the maut since then the germany mentally has completely changed. its now a case of f----- you jack im ok .
Die Maut ? For trucks , or what ?
I drove Saarbruecken - Innsbruck twice last summer , the only Maut was in Austria ...
Pray , explain !
Old Nov 1st 2007, 9:56 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by logga8
ive lived here for nearly 13 yrs untill about 3 or 4 yrs ago it was greatßßßßßßß thencame the euro or the euro started to bite i.e prices stared to go up e.t.c then came the bigest cock up in german history ;the maut since then the germany mentally has completely changed. its now a case of f----- you jack im ok .
Why would this change German mentality?
Old Nov 1st 2007, 2:15 pm
logga8

logga8 is an unknown quantity at this point

its the cost of living ,lack of work,low wages.plus ive worked for 5 german firms and it makes no difference how you work they still rip you off.
Old Nov 3rd 2007, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray51
Die Maut ? For trucks , or what ?
I drove Saarbruecken - Innsbruck twice last summer , the only Maut was in Austria ...
Pray , explain !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_pricing

http://www.kfz-auskunft.de/info/lkw_maut.html
Old Nov 11th 2007, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

timmorris will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I'm new to this site, and new to Germany, so thought I'd post a quick reply to this thread.

I moved to the Stuttgart area beginning of September, but have just moved into my first flat. Now I'm trying to sort out some TV to watch! I lived in a hotel for 2 months and got used to German cable... but now I've only got satellite and most of it is either French or just downright atroscious!

Anyway, hope to get some good hints and tips from fellow expats on this site.

Tim.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Groover42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Similar situation to Tim. Cam over in Feb 02 and lived in a hotel for 2 months. It was a real pain because the hotel didn't have a resturant. Only had a Fruhstuck zimmer!! Got to know all the resturants and bars, though.
Tim, do you have Sky or is it Deutsch premier? Can you cancel the subscription? If so, why don't you buy a Sky box off ebay and hook it up in Germany.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:52 pm
Perfer et obdura

Location: Birmingham 26 years, Germany 20 years, in Toronto since 2015
anglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond reputeanglogerman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Have been living in Germany since 1995: 1995 to 1997 in Pforzheim (between Stuttgart and Karlsruhe), 1997-2000 in Freiburg (Breisgau) and since 2000 in Oberbayern. Life in rural Oberbayern is great - never encountered anything other than the utmost friendliness
Old Dec 9th 2007, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

cartooncat will become famous soon enough

I've been living in Germany for fifteen years, though I'm new to this forum.

I'm in Meerbusch, just outside Düsseldorf. Is anyone here local to me?
Old Dec 14th 2007, 7:26 am
Just Joined

ugodwin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Freiburg Nomad
Hi

The link in my signature is a forum dedicated to Expats living and working in Germany, also quite a few of the members live in your area.

Tony
There is also another forum called toytowngermany with a very active British community.
Old Dec 16th 2007, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

cartooncat will become famous soon enough

Yes...Toytowngermany is great. But doesn't seem to have anyone all that local to me on it. Lots of lovely people in Munich though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.