Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Are Germans bad? No, it´s just the culture

Are Germans bad? No, it´s just the culture

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Germans bad? No, it´s just the culture

Originally Posted by guuuude
The question then is why you go so slow?

Youre supposed to go 130 on the Autobahn. This is expect speedlimit zones the offical government proposal!

So to understand it better the germans are bad because IN THEIR COUNTRY they go fast which is allowed on the Autobahn???

Sry but this is complete bullshit
I think they don't realize how much faster the other cars are and how very dangerous it is to pull out in front of them. If a person never drove 190km/h he or she doesn't know how it feels if you suddenly have to slow down to 110 km/h.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 12:31 am
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

Originally Posted by Assanah
I think they don't realize how much faster the other cars are and how very dangerous it is to pull out in front of them. If a person never drove 190km/h he or she doesn't know how it feels if you suddenly have to slow down to 110 km/h.
I totaly agree with you, and its even worst if a bike comes with 250 or more!!
Old Aug 8th 2012, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Happyness is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a chuckle to myself whilst reading this thread, I am English and my soon to be husband is German, we laugh at how things often get lost in translation between us. Yes he can be perceived by some as being arrogant or 'bad' but that is just their way. I have found all of his family to be welcoming and kind to me despite my ignorance of their language and customs. I am trying to learn quickly though ready for my move the at Christmas .
Old Aug 25th 2012, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_Andrews is an unknown quantity at this point

Germany, where to begin...

(Actual Germans may disagree...)

Its a country for drinkers and drivers but neither together!!

I've been here for 3 years now with the British forces and I like to think I'm reasonably settled, my wife and children are happy.

Being the typical English man I like a drink and so does this entire country!! Its not a challenge to find a drink, the challenge is to not find one!! You can get a drink everywhere and its a good drink too!! Un-like the UK where no 2 pints from different pubs are the same.

As for the driving, words can not discribe the roads over here. The UK is currently considering raising the speed limit to 80mph in certain areas and there and outcry. This country has certain stretch of road where there are no speed limits, obviously there is small print but still, I've seen less RTA's over here in 3 years than I would in a few days in the UK!! And just when you think you're flat out and about to time travel, someone screams up your arse flatter out!!

Bottom line, I love this this country... If only I could speak the langauge!!
Old Aug 29th 2012, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

charles.larry is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't believe that there is even a discussion about this! I am proud Preston-lad and lived in Germany for close to two years now (First Berlin, then Hamburg and now Bremen) and I am simply amazed at how friendly everyone is here. The work ethic "stereotype" is certainly true, but outside the office everybody seems to be very relaxed and fun-loving. There is a great European-style cafe culture and I personally think that is wonderful.

I came here travelling, not expecting much to be honest, and literally never went home. I was in Dortmund a few weeks ago and the second the locals found out I was English; it was drinks all round and a really good night. I can't speak highly enough about the people here.
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

notathome is an unknown quantity at this point

This year we celebrate living in Germany for 44 years. Now retired, we have no intention of returning to live in the UK. The standard of living in Bavaria at least, is so much higher than the UK. We live in a village and without exception are treated well and as equals by our neighbours.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Andyland is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be seeing the very good and the very bad side of German (bavarian) culture starting this weekend
Old Sep 25th 2012, 9:46 am
Just Joined

markey6 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh gee! i hate the Oktoberfest! sorry for my frankness