Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

German Criminal record certificate

German Criminal record certificate

Old Jan 3rd 2018, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice
Default German Criminal record certificate

In order to support my application for Italian citizenship I need to produce a criminal record certificate for every country I have live in.

I lived in, what was then, West Germany in the 1980s can anyone tell me who to contact please?
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 11:41 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: German Criminal record certificate

You'll need to apply by post to Bonn. An application form is available here.

https://www.bundesjustizamt.de/EN/To...road_node.html
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nicechris120 is just really nice

Thanks for that:
I have done some reading all seems clear until I get to the bit
“Overauthentication of a certificate of conduct and issuing an Apostille”
This seems to be saying that I can also apply for issuing an Apostille at the same time (which i know Italy requres) as making the original application, but that I need to write a letter addressed to the Federal Office of Administration in Cologne, Division II B 4, 50728 Köln and pay another €20 but not to the same account as the original €13.

Does anyone have suitable wording for such a letter please?
Does anyone know where to pay the €20 for Overauthentication and issuing an Apostille?
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 2:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

"The application to issue an Apostille is to be addressed to the Federal Office of Administration in Cologne, Division II B 4, 50728 Köln. If the application is to be made at the same time as the application to grant overauthentication, it may also be forwarded to the Federal Office of Justice in order to simplify matters. In this case, the certificate of conduct is to be forwarded to the Federal Office of Administration in Cologne to issue an Apostille once it has been overauthenticated – without the person making the application receiving notification of its submission.

The fee for issuing the Apostille is separately levied by the Federal Office of Administration in Cologne, and is not to be transferred to the Federal Office of Justice. It does not have to be paid in advance."
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes precisely, as written in the web page you sent me but I need suitable wording for such a letter and information on how to pay the €20 for Overauthentication and issuing an Apostille?
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 2:23 pm

Google is your friend.

Bundesverwaltungsamt - Apostille
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

so i can only do it if i have someone at an address in Germany willing to accept the Apostille and pay the postman - which i don't
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 3:40 pm

Possibly - I would ring them to check.