Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

first passport newborn (supporting documents)

first passport newborn (supporting documents)

Old Mar 7th 2016, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

TanyaGr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default first passport newborn (supporting documents)

hello again ....

im living in Germany from 27.04.2015.

And a had a baby born in 31.01.2016 so i want to pply for first passport

im not married im british citizen (that never live in uk)

my babys father is Greek and they ask 400 euros (crazyyyy)
for register (i dont know how much they want for passport) my baby boy as Greek. so i want my boy get mine.

so i start the online applycaction and read that in supporting documents they want a countersignature that know me for 2 years... im here only 11 months ...

any help out there plz

regards Tanya
Old Mar 7th 2016, 6:55 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: first passport newborn (supporting documents)

Were you born in the UK or Greece?
Old Mar 7th 2016, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Were you born in the UK or Greece?
i born in UK Macclesfield my father is from Denny Scotland * my mom is married with my dad from 1979 ...

The town hall here (Braunschweig Germany)
they tell me my son auto gets the british citizenship....

cuz we go with the british low and not the Greek about the last name of my son. because we are not married with the Greek low baby takes mine... and with the british baby can take mine or my man name.. so they tell me i can register him or not in UK.

i wish my son too go for holidays with me too Greece at Julie so i try too get fast before the holidays start for summer... thank u BritInParis u are the best
Old Mar 7th 2016, 8:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TanyaGr
i born in UK Macclesfield my father is from Denny Scotland * my mom is married with my dad from 1979 ...

The town hall here (Braunschweig Germany)
they tell me my son auto gets the british citizenship....

cuz we go with the british low and not the Greek about the last name of my son. because we are not married with the Greek low baby takes mine... and with the british baby can take mine or my man name.. so they tell me i can register him or not in UK.

i wish my son too go for holidays with me too Greece at Julie so i try too get fast before the holidays start for summer... thank u BritInParis u are the best
If you were born in the UK then your son will automatically be a British citizen. If you want to register his birth in the UK then you can do so with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office however it's not required to apply for his British passport.

If you haven't know anyone in Germany for at least two years then you may need someone in Greece to countersign the application for you.

https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications
Old Mar 9th 2016, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If you were born in the UK then your son will automatically be a British citizen. If you want to register his birth in the UK then you can do so with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office however it's not required to apply for his British passport.

If you haven't know anyone in Germany for at least two years then you may need someone in Greece to countersign the application for you.

https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications
oh thank u werry much i didnt know i can put a person from Greece ... i will not register him now maybe later on..