Reload this Page >

Expats insurance

Expats insurance

Old Dec 4th 2016, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Allen Ro is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Expats insurance

Hello Everyone,

I am about to be transfered by company to Germany/France (might change) and I have several questions regarding the insurance I will get and I can't get sufficient answers in my workplace so I am trying to get reference from other companies.

- Who insures you? the main company HQ or the local branch?
- Which department purchase the insurance - is it the HR or the finance dept.?
- Are you satisfied with the insurance? (who is the insurer)?

If you could say in which company you are it will be very helpful for reference

Thank you all.
Old Dec 4th 2016, 9:54 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expats insurance

Originally Posted by Allen Ro
Hello Everyone,

I am about to be transfered by company to Germany/France (might change) and I have several questions regarding the insurance I will get and I can't get sufficient answers in my workplace so I am trying to get reference from other companies.

- Who insures you? the main company HQ or the local branch?
- Which department purchase the insurance - is it the HR or the finance dept.?
- Are you satisfied with the insurance? (who is the insurer)?

If you could say in which company you are it will be very helpful for reference

Thank you all.
Hi from the French forum! Whichever country you're transferred to, what do you mean by "insurance that you'll get"?
If you mean healthcare insurance (social security), it's deducted from your salary and what you "get" is normally the same healthcare coverage as your average national citizen.
If you're transferred to France, post again on the France forum with more details, as a lot depends on what your status in the company is. Are you a UK citizen and presently paying into the NHS? Others more in the know will tell you about being seconded to France, if you post again.
Sorry I can't help for Germany, my daughter pays into a Kasse for free-lancers, which isn't relevant to your situation....
Old Dec 4th 2016, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"paying into the NHS" What does that mean ? Entitlement to the NHS in the UKofGB&NI is based on residence and has nothing to do with National Insurance Contributions.
Old Dec 4th 2016, 2:39 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
"paying into the NHS" What does that mean ? Entitlement to the NHS in the UKofGB&NI is based on residence and has nothing to do with National Insurance Contributions.
Sorry, I've been out of the UK for too long. Wrong choice of term....
The OP is working for a company, but without specifying where.
If he's working for a UK company and seconded to a branch in Europe, there must be some arrangement for his local healthcare coverage by presenting the special form (S1 ?). This is why I suggested he also posts on the France forum, giving more info on his employee status, his nationality and where he's working at present, and some one in the know will be able to advise.
Likewise here on the German forum....