Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Electronics in Germany

Electronics in Germany

Old Jan 21st 2004, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electronics in Germany

Does anyone have experience with taking US electronics to Europe (Germany)?

We're moving back this year and we have all brand new electronics - TV, DVD, and Stereo. I'm not sure what do with all of it.
Old Jan 25th 2004, 10:00 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electronics in Germany

Originally posted by kariml
Does anyone have experience with taking US electronics to Europe (Germany)?

We're moving back this year and we have all brand new electronics - TV, DVD, and Stereo. I'm not sure what do with all of it.
German mains electricity is exactly the same as British electricity, 220V and 50Hz, 'cept the plugs are a different shape.

Try posting on the US board or the Returning to the UK board (you night want to say that you are moving to the UK as people are less likely to either ignore you or tell you that you are psoting in the wrong place ).

Having said that, I'd only take stuff with you that you are really attached to as you'll to buy transformers for everything. Try DVD Overseas - I bought an excellent transformer ("voltage stablizer") from them when I moved from the UK to the USA.

If you are going to use the transformer/ voltage stabilizer for hifi equipment be sure to get one with lots of extra power handling capacity - I use a 2KW one for my hifi.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 25th 2004 at 10:03 pm.