Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Buy land/properties in Germany - info

Buy land/properties in Germany - info

Old Jul 22nd 2014, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ugo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buy land/properties in Germany - info

Originally Posted by fuchs01
Obvious question...what job/field of work are you looking for.

Y o u say your aiming for 2016. 18 months German, with german visits, should see
you through, fluency comes later. Companies will even help.
If I understand correctly you are based in Czech rep. There are some top German firms
with International workers, try making contact with them.
Plus there are English firms who have Branches in both CZ and Germany.

I have now taken early retirement, I have lived and worked in various countries,Germany 22 years, worrying about a move never came into it, with or without kids.
I am no high flyer, avg network IT job. My wife (German)after our 2nd child (4 kids) stayed
at home. What/where ever you are or go depends on your wishes, hopes or dreams,
cost of living, quality of life, house prices , stance or status depends on you, and what you
want to take on.
You v'e tasted the overseas atmosphere, I advise, the 3 Es expand, evolve and embrace it.
Never look back to see what you have left behind, but look to see where you can go.
I will be looking for an employment in a university or insitute of research. Maybe a company (Biotech) or even a hospital as a clinical scientist. It really depends on how strict the market is at the moment.

No, we're based in UK, in Scotland at the moment. 2016 is a very early estimate, because I know that to learn German in 18 months is not easy, considering that we don't have much free time.
Personally I'm not too bothered by the language, at least short term, as in a laboratory is not uncommon to employ people that speak English only.
This gives me a bit of flexibility as I could move there without being fluent. A good basis is enough and I will pick up later.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 9:25 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know if you have looked at future job prospects..but here is a site or 2 to begin with...

Aktuelle Jobs und Stellenangebote in Wissenschaft und Forschung - academics.de
karriere.de - Das Portal von Handelsblatt und WirtschaftsWoche
Then put in biotech... and search- area.( ort)....or chose another detailed job in your scope.

They Will give you an idea, whats going on presently.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 9:25 pm

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know if you have looked at future job prospects..but here is a site or 2 to begin with...

Aktuelle Jobs und Stellenangebote in Wissenschaft und Forschung - academics.de
karriere.de - Das Portal von Handelsblatt und WirtschaftsWoche
Then put in biotech... and search- area.( ort)....or chose another detailed job in your scope.

They Will give you an idea, whats going on presently.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

Ugo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond reputeUgo51 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moses2013
Renting is a nightmare: My work colleague just returned from Germany and said it was crazy finding accommodation in Munich. People are bribing the realtor and you nearly need a CV to get a flat these days. Munich is an extreme case, but Germany is a big country and where property is cheap, it's cheap for a reason.
You said Munich is very expensive when it comes to accomodation.
Just to have a reference point, how would you categorize this flat?

Helles, möbliertes 1-Zimmer-Appartment im Arabellapark-München - Objektdetails - HomeCompany München - Agentur für möbliertes Wohnen auf Zeit
Old Jul 25th 2014, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ugo51

Helles, möbliertes 1-Zimmer-Appartment im Arabellapark-München - Objektdetails - HomeCompany München - Agentur für möbliertes Wohnen auf Zeit
Pretty pricey, but that's Munich when it comes to living space. I'm sure you can get more space for your money though. This apartment is just a studio flat 32m2 for €740 and you have to pay 2 deposits and commission. Just to be aware, in Germany a 1 bed is studio, a 2 bed is 1 bed and so on.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Oh, OK, it's good to know that's considered pricey.
To be honest 740€ are less than £600 and also here in Glasgow (which I considered very cheap to live in) the rent is about that level. A little cheaper, but not too much.

Thanks for the clarification about that room number. I kinda figured it was a studio given the living area, but it's good to know it for a fact.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, OK, it's good to know that's considered pricey.
To be honest 740€ are less than £600 and also here in Glasgow (which I considered very cheap to live in) the rent is about that level. A little cheaper, but not too much.

Thanks for the clarification about that room number. I kinda figured it was a studio given the living area, but it's good to know it for a fact.
You can find examples here
Mietwohnungen München: Wohnungen mieten in München bei Immobilien Scout24

The big problem in Munich is that so many people want nice flats, so not only the price is the issue, but actually finding one is difficult.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:00 pm

What about using the tentacles of the S-bahn.look what is available outside the central districts.plus some employers , offer jobtickets(train/tram/bus), in their job offers.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Man, the S-bahn reaches much further than I remembered. It goes to Tutzing!!!
Wow, that is something.
Surely worth looking at something in the area.

I need to check trains too. I mean, just a little bit further South from Tutzing and it's on the Alps