Reload this Page >

British Passport Replacement

British Passport Replacement

Old Jul 22nd 2016, 9:23 am
Just Joined

PS1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Passport Replacement

Hello all,

I moved to Germany in October 2015 and recently sent back my passport to the UK to replace. I had another 2 years left on it however I managed to damage it with water whilst on holiday in Europe.

I completed the online overseas submission form, sent the form off with x2 pictures, declaration form (counter signature provide her own passport number as required) and countersignature. However to my annoyance I realised too late that the countersignature didn't circle/strike what passport she possessed i.e Biritsh, Irish, EU, Commonwealth. She is a British passport holder living in Germany.

Has anyone experienced the same and had the application rejected because of this before?

Also I was unable to provide the DOB of my paternal grandfather and my paternal grandparents marriage date as asked on the online form. Not even my father knows these details. My parents are Italians who settled in the UK and I was born/raised/lived in the UK all my life.

If it is rejected would they hold onto the passport or send it back whilst requesting further info. I hazard a guess it is most likely the prior than the latter.

I phoned the helpline and was advised that its down to the examiner to make the final decision. I am just a little concerned as I can't travel or make arrangements until I get a new passport so essentially I'm stuck & have only my UK drivers license as a form of ID.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

P

Last edited by PS1988; Jul 22nd 2016 at 9:31 am.