British Citizen's non EU spouse visa

British Citizen's non EU spouse visa

Old Feb 4th 2016, 2:44 am
azh
Just Joined

azh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Citizen's non EU spouse visa

Hi

I am trying to get information on the best possible process of bringing my non EU wife to join me in Germany . My wife currently is living and working in Pakistan. I am a British Citizen living in England.
Would it be easier for me, first move to Germany find accommodation and employment and apply for the EEA Family Permit.
OR
Can I apply for a schengen visa while I'm in England and once visa is granted both travel together to Germany?

So my question would be

How long is the process time for the 2 different visa categories?
For any of the processes what is the application process and what are the documents to satisfy the requirements ?

Thank you
Old Feb 4th 2016, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Citizen's non EU spouse visa

If you are intending to work in Germany for at least 6 months, look up "surinder singh" in the Wiki link above.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 5:27 am
azh
Just Joined

Originally Posted by quiltman
If you are intending to work in Germany for at least 6 months, look up "surinder singh" in the Wiki link above.
Thank you that certainly is one option I was more looking in to the following with maybe quicker

For a visa to be issued on the basis of Directive 2004/38/EC, only the following requirements need to be satisfied:

The visa applicant is a direct “family member” of an EU citizen and has proof (marriage or birth certificate or some combination) of the relationship)
The visa applicant will be travelling with, or joining, the EU citizen for a visit or permanent move to an EU member state. (If they are going to the “home” country of the EU citizen, then there can be a requirement that the EU citizen had previously lived/worked in a different member state) All travellers require a passport (or a national ID card for the EU citizen)
Old Feb 4th 2016, 7:19 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by azh
Thank you that certainly is one option I was more looking in to the following with maybe quicker

For a visa to be issued on the basis of Directive 2004/38/EC, only the following requirements need to be satisfied:

The visa applicant is a direct “family member” of an EU citizen and has proof (marriage or birth certificate or some combination) of the relationship)
The visa applicant will be travelling with, or joining, the EU citizen for a visit or permanent move to an EU member state. (If they are going to the “home” country of the EU citizen, then there can be a requirement that the EU citizen had previously lived/worked in a different member state) All travellers require a passport (or a national ID card for the EU citizen)
Going to the 'home country' of the EU citizen means, for the UK, getting a Spouse visa, and fulfilling the financial requirements, the rest you have said is really the SS route, you move to another EU country, she joins you there, and you get a job, get accomodation ( can be rented) and you work there for at least 6 months, therefore youare classed as 'movong the centre of your life to that country', then she can get a visa to move to the UK. But there is NO way of her just moving direct to the UK without the Spouse visa. or you going the SS route, unless she can get a working visa for the UK, which is extremely difficult.
Old Feb 4th 2016, 9:42 am
azh
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Going to the 'home country' of the EU citizen means, for the UK, getting a Spouse visa, and fulfilling the financial requirements, the rest you have said is really the SS route, you move to another EU country, she joins you there, and you get a job, get accomodation ( can be rented) and you work there for at least 6 months, therefore youare classed as 'movong the centre of your life to that country', then she can get a visa to move to the UK. But there is NO way of her just moving direct to the UK without the Spouse visa. or you going the SS route, unless she can get a working visa for the UK, which is extremely difficult.
Do I have to move first to call her over or can I apply and move before she arrives?

If this is possible then how do I exercise my treaty rights?
Old Feb 6th 2016, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you, the Brit, moves to Germany to live and work, then your wife enters Germany as your dependent.

You exercise your rights by living AND working in Germany.

Show your passports and marriage certificate.