Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Amazon account registered in UK

Amazon account registered in UK

Old Jul 10th 2013, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Amazon account registered in UK

Hi Germany pals - I'm a (fairly) regular on the Italy forum and I was just wondering if anyone else was in the same predicament as me in Germany regarding their amazon account. It may have been discussed before but I'm having new issues now with the new Amazon service of Cloud Player and autorip for music purchases.

1. I have had an amazon account for quite a few years now - well before amazon.it came into existence - and I originally registered with with amazon.co.uk using an Italian e-mail and billing address

2. I have always been able to purchase from amazon.uk and amazon.it (CDs and books mostly) without any problems except in the case of mp3 files (from UK) which I am not allowed access to because I am not in the UK (I forget what the official reason is).

3. I can buy Kindle books in the UK and download them no problem (obviously digital books do not have the same restrictions as digital music)

4. Now I get an e-mail form amazon.it saying that the new Cloud Player and that "the tracks form these 6 CDs you have purchased from Amazon are now available for you on Cloud Player" (translated from Italian) . For those who don't know, with Cloud Player you can (in theory) access music you've bought through amazon through an on-line music player. Great... but when I click on the link I get directed to amazon.co.uk to log in and then taken to Cloud Player which has the CDs I have bought in the past from the UK.

5. Similarly I get an e-mail from amazon.co.uk saying "These five of your previous CD purchases are now available in Cloud Player for FREE" ie Cds, I've purchased from the UK. Click on the link and I get redirected to the Uk Cloud player (as above).

Basically I cannot access the Italian Cloud Player because my account is registered in the UK ..at least that's what I'm asuming.
ie. I cannot access two different cloud players (and I see no means of how I can eventually merge the two..)

I'm a bit wary of writing to amazon (uk) as they might muck up my account, or put me in jail or something.

Anyone else in a similar predicament??

thanks
Mark

PS I wil post this on other country forums as perhaps others might be in the same position.