Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

am moving to germany in sep to bad pyrmont/hameln.advice.jobs.english speaking people

am moving to germany in sep to bad pyrmont/hameln.advice.jobs.english speaking people

Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Location: we will live in the Bad piermont/hameln area, parents live in vahlbruch.
gothicbabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile am moving to germany in sep to bad pyrmont/hameln.advice.jobs.english speaking people

we are planning on moving to bad pyrmont.hameln area in germany in september this year.My parents already live there and we want to be closer to them.
We have spent alot of time over in germany but moving is vastly different but a move we definatly want to make.
We are looking for contact with british people in that area looking for contact and to make new friends.
We will need to find jobs too which is all daunting so advice and links will be helpful

thanks x
Old Jan 25th 2010, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: am moving to germany in sep to bad pyrmont/hameln.advice.jobs.english speaking pe

Parts of my family life in Hameln
What kind of work are you looking for? Do you speak German?
Germans usually register with the local Arbeitsamt. You will find employment offers also in local newspapers, internet and through networking.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

Location: we will live in the Bad piermont/hameln area, parents live in vahlbruch.
gothicbabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: am moving to germany in sep to bad pyrmont/hameln.advice.jobs.english speaking pe

hi,
thanks for replying, my german is very basic at the moment but am currently trying to learn more dont have too much time between my work here and looking after my children,
I am looking for work in the beauty therapy field if possible as thats my training but work is work.dont have secretarial skills though.Will do as you suggested and register with the job centre.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Lucky You !
Old Oct 5th 2010, 9:34 am
Just Joined

keja76 is just really nicekeja76 is just really nicekeja76 is just really nicekeja76 is just really nicekeja76 is just really nicekeja76 is just really nicekeja76 is just really nicekeja76 is just really nice
Smile Re: am moving to germany in sep to bad pyrmont/hameln.advice.jobs.english speaking pe

Hi!
We have just moved to Hameln, there is a big british community here, so you will not find it difficult to find friends, there is also a British/German club you can join.

Re work, yes you have to register with the Agentur fuer Arbeit, but dont bother unless your German is good enough to work with Germans who might not speak English, this is quite important. (I've just registered with them myself)

Although I must say it is better not to rely on the Agentur fuer Arbeit too much, you can find more jobs if you take the time to search the net.
Hannover is not too far away, you might consider working there and commuting, as there are next to no jobs in this area, this might be different in your field tho, so you never know

Let me know if I can help you with anything at all.

Viele liebe Gruesse aus dem sonnigen Hameln

K.