advice needed

Old Sep 20th 2009, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

honeyyy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advice needed

I came to the uk in 1999 from Jamaica and was given 6 months visitors visa on arrival at the airport, before my visa expired I applied to get it changed from a visitor to a student, but because I supplied photo copy documents via my lawyer to the home office and not the original in the first instance, then my application was rejected! since after I send in the original documents, letters from my relatives here and bank statements, but the home office kept my passport for four years without considering my application, therefore I was here with no status.

in 2003 I got married to a uk national, its been six years and seven months and our marriage is still strong and subsisting. In 2005 I got a letter saying that I got 28 days to leave the country from home office, I didn't leave as my husband didn't want us to separate. In Jan 2008 we went to see a solicitor and he wrote to the home office, pointing out that I am now married to a uk national, we got a confirmation letter two months later in march 2008 from the home office saying that they they are looking into the case, but its 2009 now and we still haven't heard anything yet!

The problem now is my husband wants to go and visit his twin sister who is now living in germany, but he doesn't want to leave me behind here in the uk, he wants to take me with him. we heard about the eea familty permit, and my husband was going to excercise his treaty rights, but because I am in a overstayer position he doesn't want to go in case I cant get back to the uk.

I have been here in the uk for 10 years with no status, married for 6years and seven months to my uk husband

my question is: does anyone know if I will be able to apply for a germany resident card, and visa even though I am a overstayer in the uk for 10 years, will I have any chance, does anyone know?
Old Nov 16th 2009, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

warrigal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: advice needed

Originally Posted by honeyyy
I came to the uk in 1999 from Jamaica and was given 6 months visitors visa on arrival at the airport, before my visa expired I applied to get it changed from a visitor to a student, but because I supplied photo copy documents via my lawyer to the home office and not the original in the first instance, then my application was rejected! since after I send in the original documents, letters from my relatives here and bank statements, but the home office kept my passport for four years without considering my application, therefore I was here with no status.

in 2003 I got married to a uk national, its been six years and seven months and our marriage is still strong and subsisting. In 2005 I got a letter saying that I got 28 days to leave the country from home office, I didn't leave as my husband didn't want us to separate. In Jan 2008 we went to see a solicitor and he wrote to the home office, pointing out that I am now married to a uk national, we got a confirmation letter two months later in march 2008 from the home office saying that they they are looking into the case, but its 2009 now and we still haven't heard anything yet!

The problem now is my husband wants to go and visit his twin sister who is now living in germany, but he doesn't want to leave me behind here in the uk, he wants to take me with him. we heard about the eea familty permit, and my husband was going to excercise his treaty rights, but because I am in a overstayer position he doesn't want to go in case I cant get back to the uk.

I have been here in the uk for 10 years with no status, married for 6years and seven months to my uk husband

my question is: does anyone know if I will be able to apply for a germany resident card, and visa even though I am a overstayer in the uk for 10 years, will I have any chance, does anyone know?

just a low thing the uk does