Reload this Page >

yellow reliant rialto akin to that of del-boy fame

yellow reliant rialto akin to that of del-boy fame

Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

elliephant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default yellow reliant rialto akin to that of del-boy fame

hi there.

i have been driving my three-wheeler around the roads of france for about 7 months and really need to start considering getting it re-registered. however, i am having difficulty in finding a place to get it controle techniqued. since it has 3 wheels it will not go on the brake test roller thingie. although i fail to see why they cannot test the back wheels on the rollers then the front one. also there seems to be mixed opinion as to whether i actually need to get it tested in the first place for two reasons. a) it MAY be eligible to be classed as a collector's car which does not require to be tested. however it is a 1982 model so may be just a little too young. and b) it MAY be classed as a motorcycle/trike which also, allegedly, do not require to be tested. any idea how true any of this is?

also, i had a brain-wave today. if it does need to be techniqued, do you reckon turning the headlights upside down and tilted slightly will work to adjust the aim of the beam. it is a theory that has a certain appeal not wholey due to the fact it is free.

cheers
Old Apr 26th 2005, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future
Default Re: yellow reliant rialto akin to that of del-boy fame

Originally Posted by elliephant
hi there.

i have been driving my three-wheeler around the roads of france for about 7 months and really need to start considering getting it re-registered. however, i am having difficulty in finding a place to get it controle techniqued. since it has 3 wheels it will not go on the brake test roller thingie. although i fail to see why they cannot test the back wheels on the rollers then the front one. also there seems to be mixed opinion as to whether i actually need to get it tested in the first place for two reasons. a) it MAY be eligible to be classed as a collector's car which does not require to be tested. however it is a 1982 model so may be just a little too young. and b) it MAY be classed as a motorcycle/trike which also, allegedly, do not require to be tested. any idea how true any of this is?

also, i had a brain-wave today. if it does need to be techniqued, do you reckon turning the headlights upside down and tilted slightly will work to adjust the aim of the beam. it is a theory that has a certain appeal not wholey due to the fact it is free.

cheers

however...............

the importers now need to fill in the details!!! we now need YOUR engings rpm, YOUR emissions, YOUR db from engine and YOUR noise from horn. thus add it up its your new cost for number plate PLUS the CT of course (60€) you dont have an importer do you? nor in UK? so stuffed!!!