wine to UK

Old Jul 7th 2014, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute
Default wine to UK

I want to send my sister a dozen bottles of wine for her birthday, but the wine merchant is quoting nearly a hundred Euros and La Poste want €22.80 PER BOTTLE

Does anyone have any suggestions or pointers?
Old Jul 7th 2014, 10:06 am
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wine to UK

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
I want to send my sister a dozen bottles of wine for her birthday, but the wine merchant is quoting nearly a hundred Euros and La Poste want €22.80 PER BOTTLE

Does anyone have any suggestions or pointers?
UPS or use one of the UK suppliers as the UK internal postage reduction would outweigh the wine price increase. Postage fees can take the pee sometimes we had a cast iron chiminea sent via amazon from the UK postage was free and I could barely pick the box up and it was half the price of any we had found here.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

Sorry to hijack the thread momentarily. But on a wine note, my sister in law is over at the moment and bought a bottle of wine from Lidl for 2e80. The exact same bottle with the same label she buys in the UK for £9.50 :-0

Shipping things, I would say UPS or Fedex or something. Or try and see if anyone is going back that way.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all I have been trying UPS but get nothing from the website. Perhaps i had better ring.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

Lidl has some fantastic wine bargains - but you have to be quick!
Old Jul 7th 2014, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand how La Poste can charge you per bottle, if you're sending them all in one parcel. Do you have to tell them how many bottles there are in the box before they'll work out the postage? Can't you just package them up, weigh the parcel on one of the automatic machines they have in the post office, and see what price it come up with for international postage?
Old Jul 7th 2014, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at this site: http://www.amandaswines.co.uk/index.asp
This lady sells to the UK and if the wine doesn't suit what you want then perhaps she can advise about carriage.
Old Jul 7th 2014, 4:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Et La Poste do a wine box into which you put the bottle. But it only takes one bottle.
They will obviously ship a packed box, but do not guarantee against breakages. The cost is lower but still works out at a tenner a bottle!

Cyrian thank you, I will contact her. What I want to do obviously is ship a few bottles of wines we have found, but if I can't then I can't.