Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Where to stop???

Where to stop???

Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

chris494rep is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to stop???

Hi everyone, I am taking my family to Disneyland Paris next week and will be driving by car, I have made this journey twice before, but this time I will be getting an early eurostar in the hope of stopping off in a couple of nice villages/cities. The problem is, where? I have viewed the route and googled a few places, but im sure you will have better knowledge of these hidden gems. Im not interested in water parks, theme parks (apart from disney when we get there) etc, but more sightseeing, scenery, nice restaurants, local produce markets, etc. I understand that I will not be able to spend much time there and this is why I am desperate for your advice. It just feels that theres so much of France we miss whilst on these commercial theme park visits. Thanks in advance, Chris.
Old May 1st 2012, 7:44 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to stop???

Originally Posted by chris494rep
Hi everyone, I am taking my family to Disneyland Paris next week and will be driving by car, I have made this journey twice before, but this time I will be getting an early eurostar in the hope of stopping off in a couple of nice villages/cities. The problem is, where? I have viewed the route and googled a few places, but im sure you will have better knowledge of these hidden gems. Im not interested in water parks, theme parks (apart from disney when we get there) etc, but more sightseeing, scenery, nice restaurants, local produce markets, etc. I understand that I will not be able to spend much time there and this is why I am desperate for your advice. It just feels that theres so much of France we miss whilst on these commercial theme park visits. Thanks in advance, Chris.
Welcome to the Forum, Cant help with that end but we have a few members that live around there Once agin welcome to the Forum
Old May 1st 2012, 8:01 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to stop???

Originally Posted by chris494rep
Hi, welcome to the Forum! Some one from the Pas-de-Calais/Picardie areas will come along with some recommendations.
I can only suggest parking in the eastern outskirts of Paris and catching an RER or Métro into the city centre for some sight-seeing, but if you were planning to arrive in Disneyland the same evening, you wouldn't fit much in....
Bon Voyage and Happy Disneying!
Old May 1st 2012, 9:20 am
Just Joined

chris494rep is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Where to stop???

Thank you both. Im planning on arriving at Calais early Monday morning and arriving at Val d'Europe apartments late evening, hopefully giving me enought time to visit some places on the way. Then its Disney, Paris, then Disney again before the final day traveling back hopefully stopping in a few more places along the way, I know, busy week. I have chosen to stay self catering appartment this time so as I can cook our evening meals using local produce and items found at the local supermarket.

Thanks DMU for the tip on the RER, the last thing I plan on tackling is the Paris traffic

Look forward to hearing from the locals on here. Thanks, Chris.