Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

are we missing val :-)

are we missing val :-)

Old Feb 10th 2009, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: are we missing val :-)

Glad to see you are all well and none of you have lost your sense of humour
I'm alive and well, just got back from a great trip to Ireland.
Makes you realise how lucky we are to be in France though, the cost of living is so expensive there.
I just think it would be kinder to the new mod, whoever he or she might be, to keep away for a while so they can find their feet. I also have to respect and trust people I work with, and unfortunately have lost that for BE at the moment, so another reason to stay away.
Thank you all for your emails, pm's, just going to start
catching up now
Old Feb 10th 2009, 1:48 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome back Val
Lovely to see you.I'm sad that you are no longer a Mod,but understand your reasons.
Anyway,you can now help me and Andi run riot

Old Feb 10th 2009, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, glad to hear you had a great time in Ireland.
We all respect your reasons, but don't stay away for too long.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 5:53 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know, I think once I stopped teaching and was able to ditch the "respectable and terminally polite" image, I started having more bloody fun than I've ever had in me life!

And think of the restrictions of being a mod - can't say what you really think, having to keep the peace all the time, putting up with idiots, being polite to morons - must feel like you've been released from the Be Nice Penitentary.

World's much more fun if you can say what you think and tell someone they are a plonker if they are one.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:03 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Do you know, I think once I stopped teaching and was able to ditch the "respectable and terminally polite" image, I started having more bloody fun than I've ever had in me life!

And think of the restrictions of being a mod - can't say what you really think, having to keep the peace all the time, putting up with idiots, being polite to morons - must feel like you've been released from the Be Nice Penitentary.

World's much more fun if you can say what you think and tell someone they are a plonker if they are one.
Hear hear! Though, I think you're a plonker!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:51 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

You got that right - only a complete plonker would still be living in this Dead as a Dingo's Dinner country for sure. Just hoping for better luck in the search in Brittany on 25th - and actually the pound is picking up a bit, 1.15 today (since Stan's demise I have to look it up meself now!) and found a great house in Park Nevez just reduced quite drastically by some Brits wanting to return to Nottingham so things are definitely looking up. It's 4 bedrooms so after this Rabbit Hutch of a flat, Pete and I will lose each other!!

Let's hope it aint riddled with dry rot ..........
Old Feb 10th 2009, 6:58 pm

Exactly...I was asked the other day if I would consider being a mod again....what?....I said...no chance,can't say twat for a start!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:04 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Problem is that BE's like an army, there's always gonna be more cannon fodder because there are so many newcomers, so there'll always be someone who'll have a go at being a mod. I know how hard it is, having been one on two other boards too, and running my own forum. It's crap. I much prefer being given some latitude!

I also think that mods shouldn't be named. There shouldn't be a title under your name, so you could say what you felt (within reason) and where appropriate without being called into question just because you're a moderator. It worked well on another board I mod'ed (is there such a word?).
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Le Chant
Problem is that BE's like an army, there's always gonna be more cannon fodder because there are so many newcomers, so there'll always be someone who'll have a go at being a mod. I know how hard it is, having been one on two other boards too, and running my own forum. It's crap. I much prefer being given some latitude!

I also think that mods shouldn't be named. There shouldn't be a title under your name, so you could say what you felt (within reason) and where appropriate without being called into question just because you're a moderator. It worked well on another board I mod'ed (is there such a word?).
Yup...it's a difficult job,you just can't be yourself,and to me...there is nothing worse in this life
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:27 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by val50
Glad to see you are all well and none of you have lost your sense of humour
I'm alive and well, just got back from a great trip to Ireland.
Makes you realise how lucky we are to be in France though, the cost of living is so expensive there.
I just think it would be kinder to the new mod, whoever he or she might be, to keep away for a while so they can find their feet. I also have to respect and trust people I work with, and unfortunately have lost that for BE at the moment, so another reason to stay away.
Thank you all for your emails, pm's, just going to start
catching up now
Hello Nurse....Anychance of having you personally administer my meds
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:30 pm
Grey Bombshell

Well, it goes without saying that it certainly wouldn't suit me either. Been there, got the T shirt (complete with death threats etc) and happy to be an outspoken pleb member of the proletariat - and thank "god" we can say twat, what would life be like if we couldn't?

I enjoy being irreverent far too much to put handcuffs on meself and have behaved well for over 40 years - now, it is a case in point - Old Girls just wanna have FUN!

Sorry Stu m8 - Old Boys too!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:31 pm
Grey Bombshell

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Hello Nurse....Anychance of having you personally administer my meds
I'll do em, especially if you decide to be all macho and forego the anaesthetic
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:33 pm

I'll do em, especially if you decide to be all macho and forego the anaesthetic
He's just after a lift with the enema......
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Le Chant
He's just after a lift with the enema......
Put him in the Empire state building....ya get both!!!!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Cleri
Put him in the Empire state building....ya get both!!!!

You're on fire tonight Cleggs. What ya been eating?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.