Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

are we missing val :-)

are we missing val :-)

Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:04 am
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: are we missing val :-)

Originally Posted by treskillard
Do you know the music of Alan Stivell?
He's been the figurehead of Breton music since the late 60s.
He's dotted around on you tube but the clips don't do justice - make him look rather Las Vegas (a small hamlet near your new house I suspect!). Anyhow, if you can find an Album called "E Langonned" it is really fantastic. Here's the title track from youtube
I love the track Delivrance (sorry about the spelling). Spine tingling stuff. Don't know which album its from though
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:09 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, great to have one's spine tingled. Yep, sure was a find on Tres's part - I am scouring the internet to try to find his stuff. Wish I still had Limewire, as it is probably downloadable from there.

Just today bit the bullet and booked ahead £30,000 worth of euros - just hoping it goes up a weeny bit before mid May - my eyes are square from watching 4x in real-time, where the thing updates every 5 seconds. Up and down more than a tart's knickers .............
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:11 am
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Ah, great to have one's spine tingled. Yep, sure was a find on Tres's part - I am scouring the internet to try to find his stuff. Wish I still had Limewire, as it is probably downloadable from there.

Just today bit the bullet and booked ahead £30,000 worth of euros - just hoping it goes up a weeny bit before mid May - my eyes are square from watching 4x in real-time, where the thing updates every 5 seconds. Up and down more than a tart's knickers .............
You have just learned the meaning of the word 'futility'
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:19 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Lawks, what a way to learn! The broker bloke on the end of the line I was talking to was really funny - after I booked it, just before he rang off, he said "Shite, it's gone down .45 since you rang and booked it - I just lost 15 euros" and we fell about.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:34 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

BRING BACK MATRON PLEASE
The beds are unmade, the laundry laughable, the floors a disgrace, the nurses don't give those extra little touches that make life in the waiting room worthwhile. We need Matron not some distant sort of comic strip not quite super hero to sort our problems. She cared you see. About us. The people of not quite France and all their delicate constitutions. When a nappy was needed she knew that we needed a good Wellington up the backside and had no fear. Yes. I am bored.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

BRING BACK MATRON PLEASE
The beds are unmade, the laundry laughable, the floors a disgrace, the nurses don't give those extra little touches that make life in the waiting room worthwhile. We need Matron not some distant sort of comic strip not quite super hero to sort our problems. She cared you see. About us. The people of not quite France and all their delicate constitutions. When a nappy was needed she knew that we needed a good Wellington up the backside and had no fear. Yes. I am bored.

unfortunately she was last sighted sunning her buns in Cuba
hasta la vista babeeee
Attached Thumbnails are we missing val :-)-hpim2269.jpg  
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold

Well after weeks, nay months, of computer problems I am now back on my own machine and hopefully it will now stay functioning. Seems it isn't the computer but those nasty little gremlins from Windows Vista fighting Hewlet Packard and Skype and the likes, so every time there was an update my system went down. Nevertheless I have managed to stay in touch with Val, who will be back in Normandy shortly. Hooray! Love to you all.
Old Apr 24th 2009, 1:47 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlyonebrenda
Well after weeks, nay months, of computer problems I am now back on my own machine and hopefully it will now stay functioning. Seems it isn't the computer but those nasty little gremlins from Windows Vista fighting Hewlet Packard and Skype and the likes, so every time there was an update my system went down. Nevertheless I have managed to stay in touch with Val, who will be back in Normandy shortly. Hooray! Love to you all.
I have Vista, HP printer, and Voipcheap, but had no problems.
Do you have an anti-virus program to keep the nasties away ?
Old Apr 24th 2009, 2:40 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
must be that sort of high level intervention that made you a mod
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

must be that sort of high level intervention that made you a mod
No just bribe of a crisp 5 dollar note. ;-))
Old Apr 24th 2009, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a pretty little village near Thiviers off the N21
onlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to beholdonlyonebrenda is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
What sort of nasties did you have in mind? Thanks for your concern but....
Old Apr 26th 2009, 3:08 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
No just bribe of a crisp 5 dollar note. ;-))

Did that come from the HP Printer?, If so what paper did you use? Canons are best for Fifties £ better reds.