Reload this Page >

UK tv via internet in France

UK tv via internet in France

Old May 20th 2015, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

gersfrance32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK tv via internet in France

Hello

I have broadband and wifi with a cable from wifi to next to tv and would like to know how to get english tv.
Old May 20th 2015, 2:59 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK tv via internet in France

Originally Posted by gersfrance32
Hello

I have broadband and wifi with a cable from wifi to next to tv and would like to know how to get english tv.
Take all your clothes off paint your face purple and run around the internet box in circles and the cloud will reveal itself to you......
Old May 20th 2015, 3:04 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

You will need to use a smart dns service like Overplay.com which will allow a smart tv or computer access to catch up services and Now TV from Sky not to mention Netflix US or UK and loads of other stuff. Smart TV would help and imho Samsung ones are the best because even if purchased in France it can be reset to think it is an English TV and then it install all the UK Catch UP app's

You can still run around naked if you want but supplying pictures in the Funny Pic thread is mandatory.
Old May 20th 2015, 7:16 pm
The Grocer

TheGrocer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gersfrance32
Hello

Just log in to filmon.com
Free TV.........loads of channels and UK, ITV / BBC etc
Old May 21st 2015, 4:01 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

So, you want to stream BBCiplayer etc?
Get something like mediahint which will give you a UK IP address so that you get around the geographical restrictions.
Old May 22nd 2015, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheGrocer
Yep. Run a cheap computer next to your screen, log into Filmon.com through Google (etc) and watch dozens of channels; plus dozens more from all over the world.

It has let us down only a few times at superpeak events when Filmon couldn't cope.
Old May 22nd 2015, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

kellois is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have any experience of ipTV via a set top box? There are a couple of companies I've found online offering this service like Expat-Vision and Worldwide UK Tv. Boxes are around €90 and then there is a subscription of €17 per month.

I'm sure I could get this cheaper via VPN-type solutions or via a computer. But I use my house in France for rentals as well when we are not staying there ourselves and want to offer them a set top box solution rather than supplying a PC or laptop to run the signal through.

Any recommendations? Or experience to share?
Old May 22nd 2015, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheGrocer
@TheGrocer, thanks. This was one I wasn't aware of, and just typed it into the search bar on the smart tv. That immediately fired up a whole list of available tv's, all the live BBC's, itv etc. Not that I'll watch many, but good to know they're there just in case.
Old May 25th 2015, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

gersfrance32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: UK tv via internet in France

Thank you everyone for your information.
Old Nov 4th 2015, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

DavidMorgan is an unknown quantity at this point

I use BBC Iplayer on my iPad via VPN and it's wonderful..
If I use this adapter :
Apple - MD826ZM/A - Adaptateur Lightning HDMI: Amazon.fr: Informatique
Will I be able to watch it on my TV ?
It's expensive so I'd like know if it'll work, thanks.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

Buy the Apple TV box, plug it into TV. Put filmon on your ipad/comp and link it to TV using wifi.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

DavidMorgan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loy loy
Buy the Apple TV box, plug it into TV. Put filmon on your ipad/comp and link it to TV using wifi.
I have Apple TV box and use it.
But FilmOn is not compatible with AirPlay so won't connect with AppleTV.
Please can you tell me how to do this.
Thank you.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DavidMorgan
Thank you.

I'll find out, my neighbour uses it. He did show me but I wasn't really interested. He just linked his ipad to his Apple tv box, took about a minute to sync.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidMorgan
You appear to be incorrect here.
Thank you.
I've just tried it. It does work.
First, switched on the Samsung smart tv, then the Apple TV box, then selected the channel source on tv (in my case HDMI2). Then I logged onto FilmOn with the Macbook. Saw that the Airplay symbol was available on the top toolbar, and from that drop-down box then selected 'Apple TV'. The Macbook display was then mirrored on the tv. Then selected from FilmOn a live tv channel, which mirrored and ran faultlessly on the tv.
Then tried the same procedure with an iPad. No problem whatsoever, confirming that FilmOn is indeed compatible with Airplay and an iPad.
Not sure if I will use FilmOn much though, as we watch only French tv channels.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
I've just tried it. It does work.
First, switched on the Samsung smart tv, then the Apple TV box, then selected the channel source on tv (in my case HDMI2). Then I logged onto FilmOn with the Macbook. Saw that the Airplay symbol was available on the top toolbar, and from that drop-down box then selected 'Apple TV'. The Macbook display was then mirrored on the tv. Then selected from FilmOn a live tv channel, which mirrored and ran faultlessly on the tv.
Then tried the same procedure with an iPad. No problem whatsoever, confirming that FilmOn is indeed compatible with Airplay and an iPad.
Not sure if I will use FilmOn much though, as we watch only French tv channels.

I was thinking of getting an Apple TV box to watch French TV via Filmon funnily enough. We can't get anyone to fix up French TV for us. Everyone says roof is too high! and I have been paying Orange for 4 years for French TV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.