Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

uk driving licence

uk driving licence

Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future
Default Re: uk driving licence

Originally Posted by gdcollectables
What ARE Phonic windows!????

The barn sounds really good!

sorry phonic windows is double glazing with extra thick glass. you cant hear anything through them

the glass is 6mm thick and not 4mm and the space between the glass is 16mm and not the normal ??? errrr 14mm i think?

its enough to not hear a lorry pass the road out front......... or indeed the ruddy tractors that seem to spend the entire day passing my house
Old May 30th 2005, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

gplux is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello bourgogne,
I have just registered today so be gentle with me.
Having read your posts on the driving licence issue am I correct in thinking that although you "arrived" in France 5 years ago you have not in fact registered as a resident. If this is the case then I am pretty sure if you want to be registered in France then getting a French driving licence at the same time will be very simple involving a couple of forms, 2 or 3 pictures, and a few euros.
This will then enable you to take out French motor insurance.
I assume that you have insurance cover from England at the moment and they think you go backwards and forwards at least every 6 months?
regards gplux
Old May 30th 2005, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gplux
Hello bourgogne,
I have just registered today so be gentle with me.
Having read your posts on the driving licence issue am I correct in thinking that although you "arrived" in France 5 years ago you have not in fact registered as a resident. If this is the case then I am pretty sure if you want to be registered in France then getting a French driving licence at the same time will be very simple involving a couple of forms, 2 or 3 pictures, and a few euros.
This will then enable you to take out French motor insurance.
I assume that you have insurance cover from England at the moment and they think you go backwards and forwards at least every 6 months?
regards gplux
No probs Mr/Mrs GPLUX

no i never took any ID cards, never changed my licence but do have french insurance since 4yrs on one car and Uk on the other ....... the 'other' coz its still got UK plates

i never go back to the UK! the law sort of very silently adjusted in 2003, the residents card, and permit for EU nationals is gone..... finished, no need to bother. Your passport is now as good. Insurance they really dont care as long as you pay them they just cant insure a car with UK plates as the body number is the details they need not a plate. french car is err me being lazy: being I moved from 75-92-01-71 and my car still has 75 plates 4years later

was even better being stopped in the previous car I had (in fact still have), BIG 'CZ' country code on the back, italian plates and french insurance and english permit police sort of let me go LOLOL No road tax here either so the UK car has long expired and no reason to bother to get another to up the coffers of that pooopy government over there !

so ........ very happy you are here and hope to have not scared you off ? me ? i am kinda english with a little of that french attitude now you are in Luxemburgh? very posh