Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Travelling through France

Travelling through France

Old May 30th 2014, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

simondepieman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling through France

Hello all, me & my partner are travelling though France for 3 weeks in mid-July. We are doing it in a campervan (Fun times). We are looking at east france, along borders.

Just would like to know of anything interesting in your minds to see, eat or visit. Guides from people who have do it, loved it, want to share it.

Thank you
Old May 30th 2014, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling through France

Judging from your forum name, you'll probably find something HERE to enjoy on your travels.
I'm sure someone else will be along to offer advice on interesting itinerary etc.
Enjoy your trip.
Don't forget your British/German etc passports......

Last edited by Tweedpipe; May 30th 2014 at 12:55 pm.
Old May 30th 2014, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

simondepieman is an unknown quantity at this point

haha.. thanks tweedpipe. With cartoons too!
Old May 30th 2014, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all

I spent a few days in Strassburg in the university area and had a delightful afternoon in the Library of the European parliament.

The ride on my bike to Saverne and Sarrebourg brings back memories of the birches changing colour. (it was Autumn)
Old May 31st 2014, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Strasbourg is a great place to see. And champagneland - Epernay is probably a must, and Reims.
Funnily enough I went to see the film 'Pas mon genre' earlier this week which is set in, and extracting the wotsit from, Arras. Though what it showed of Arras looked quite nice.
I remember several years ago driving back up the eastern border on a very hot summer day and I seemed to be crossing frontiers every half hour or so, into France and out and back in again. On one of the border posts I got pulled to one side and I thought here we go, everything out of the motorhome, chaos for the next half hour or so. A very bored looking douanier peered into my van and asked if I had anything interesting. Drugs? he suggested hopefully. Guns? Illegal immigrants? I apologised for not having anything at all like that and asked if he was as bored as he looked. He nodded, lost interested in me and wandered away.
Old May 31st 2014, 9:18 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

The whole border area between Karlsruhe and Basel is very nice especially Colmar and Freiburg. I would also do the Swiss-German border following the Rhine from Basel to the Rhine Falls.
Old Jun 1st 2014, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

never been to that side of France, but an great way of discovering an area is geocaching - a sort of treasure hunt using a gps or smart phone....

www.geocaching.com

(sorry - all fired up after a weekend long event geocaching in the vendée!! )