Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Translating qualifications

Translating qualifications

Old Jan 4th 2017, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Petefinny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Translating qualifications

I have city and guilds in plumbing & gas (natural gas & LPG, city & guilds 17th edition electrics, i also have Hetas for solid fuel and my MCS renewable energy tickets in , Biomass , Solar PV , Solar Thermal, Air/Ground source heat pumps , Micro combined heat and power (MCHP) and City & Guilds for Unvented hot water systems so i can do a wide range, 18 years experience , just the lingo i have to adjust to and the slight differences in fittings and pipework but basically the same. Back over on 29/01/2017 house hunting.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

I have:
City & guilds in Plumbing level 3
City & guilds in Unvented hot water
ACS Gas (LPG & Natural)
City & Guilds 17th edition electrics
Hetas solid fuel
MCS Renewable Energy ( Biomass, Air/Ground source heat pumps, Solar PV/Thermal, MCHP)
So hopefully they will recognise these.
Old Jan 4th 2017, 9:24 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Petefinny
I have city and guilds in plumbing & gas (natural gas & LPG, city & guilds 17th edition electrics, i also have Hetas for solid fuel and my MCS renewable energy tickets in , Biomass , Solar PV , Solar Thermal, Air/Ground source heat pumps , Micro combined heat and power (MCHP) and City & Guilds for Unvented hot water systems so i can do a wide range, 18 years experience , just the lingo i have to adjust to and the slight differences in fittings and pipework but basically the same. Back over on 29/01/2017 house hunting.
Between two visits, you could drop in at a Chambre des Métiers to get info about recognition of your qualifications. A quick search found the Dordogne one in Coulounieix-Chamiers, and Limoges/Tulle/Guéret in the Limousin, depending on which Département. If you choose elsewhere, google Chambres des Métiers and the Département.
Good luck for your house hunt and future professional activity!
Old Jan 17th 2017, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
From my post above, it is theoretically possible for you to work in France. From my investigations on google to find this information for you (30 minutes work and I speak french, you're welcome!) I came across several examples of British people working in France. You could try doing a search "etre plombier en France" "devenir plombier france diplome etranger"

I know it's not what you want to hear but running your own business in France is not at all like what you are used to in the UK.
I keep on recommending Valerie at Starting a business in France since she has been advising businesses for years and will give you a very, very good idea of what you are getting into and help you to navigate the extremely onerous french bureaucracy. Her service doesn't cost much and would be money very well spent.
I joined the start buisness's France forum and cost £85! Which I basically got the same answer as the people here , the lady said she would email some contacts across which I'm still waiting for.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 7:00 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

I joined the start buisness's France forum and cost £85! Which I basically got the same answer as the people here , the lady said she would email some contacts across which I'm still waiting for.
OK, I'm glad this forum gives out so much good advice for free! However, we are making our best guesses for you and there is always the worry that what we write is out of date or just plain wrong for your situation. Valerie will keep up to date and when you get going, you will have a million and one questions, a load of bureaucrats to deal with (in french), forms to fill in etc ,it's never-ending and that is when Valerie's service will be worth the money spent.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
OK, I'm glad this forum gives out so much good advice for free! However, we are making our best guesses for you and there is always the worry that what we write is out of date or just plain wrong for your situation. Valerie will keep up to date and when you get going, you will have a million and one questions, a load of bureaucrats to deal with (in french), forms to fill in etc ,it's never-ending and that is when Valerie's service will be worth the money spent.
Yes I can see she will become valuable later in my French quest, she's answering technical questions that are flying right over me head to people in there , my French quest is in the early stages so later she will become very important once I find the property I'm looking for and the paperwork starts needing answers.
Old Jan 17th 2017, 8:05 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I can see she will become valuable later in my French quest, she's answering technical questions that are flying right over me head to people in there , my French quest is in the early stages so later she will become very important once I find the property I'm looking for and the paperwork starts needing answers.
good luck with it all!