Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

transferring national insurance contributions

transferring national insurance contributions

Old Apr 18th 2005, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all
Question transferring national insurance contributions

Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone has tried or knows how to transfer their years of national insurance contributions out of the UK.

I'm trying to do this because I'll be immigrating to Quebec and they don't have a reciprocal agreement with the UK (but the rest of Canada does). France does have an agreement with Quebec so to avoid having to start from scratch I thought I could transfer the years to France first.

I already spoke to the the Dept of Work and Pensions about this but they were no help. Any advice?

Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future
Default Re: transferring national insurance contributions

Originally Posted by proo
Hello all,

I was just wondering if anyone has tried or knows how to transfer their years of national insurance contributions out of the UK.

I'm trying to do this because I'll be immigrating to Quebec and they don't have a reciprocal agreement with the UK (but the rest of Canada does). France does have an agreement with Quebec so to avoid having to start from scratch I thought I could transfer the years to France first.

I already spoke to the the Dept of Work and Pensions about this but they were no help. Any advice?

and you expected them to be of any help LOL

Your idea sounds ok ....... but you'd have to come to france ie notify your doctor you are leaving thus your file goes back to base, and they'd issue you with a 221-224?? something like that to then register in france. that can be 2 wks to 6 mths trust me!!

Can france transferre it then??? I really cant help you, i dont think they can as its all done as a "you pay, we pay, we pay a bit too" The UK would KNOW you left france
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all

Hello Bourgogne,

Thanks for the info, I forgot to mention that I'm already residing in France so that's on hurdle out of the way.

Thanks!
Old Apr 20th 2005, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by proo
Hello Bourgogne,

Thanks for the info, I forgot to mention that I'm already residing in France so that's on hurdle out of the way.

Thanks!

great so you know just how slow it can go

ASK the french mutual .... wherever your's is based if they can send it ?

they will say yes..................... normal know nothing answer........ then tell them its UK generated!!! expect to speak to at least 5 people? perhaps more and realise none can give you an answer....... you'll be told to go back to payment base the UK!! (retarded island you know the place)

only option i can think of is to get an adress out of french canada??? and use that?

sort of commute to your life .... as far as the UK is to know