Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

'tis the Loto season

'tis the Loto season

Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:50 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default 'tis the Loto season

It's the first of the regular winter lotos (bingo) today in my village. If you've never thought of going to one, it's a great opportunity to meet the locals and practise your French numbers. And you might even win a ham or a tray of fresh meat!
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:07 pm
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 'tis the Loto season

Excellent idea dmu, I went with my daughter last year and we had a great laugh! One of her friends actually won a top prize, although she wasn't too impressed as it was a beachcasting rod... The whole evening was fun, and it was nice to see townspeople in mufty and try and remember who they were!!

I recommend this to everyone
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jazzy n Lol
Excellent idea dmu, I went with my daughter last year and we had a great laugh! One of her friends actually won a top prize, although she wasn't too impressed as it was a beachcasting rod... The whole evening was fun, and it was nice to see townspeople in mufty and try and remember who they were!!

I recommend this to everyone

Agree - it's on the 28th here in our local town - good night out
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:34 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Now that is something I miss Last year I helped run the school loto and it was really fun. Wow! did the mothers make good pancakes or what! But I was surprised to see them being sold at the start for 4 for a euro and then happily being eaten straight without a topping. I made a Victoria sponge - something my mother would have laughed at but then I hanker for yorkshire pudding too. We had maize for counters to cover the rows. I've heard that in some more remote parts of the country they still use the dried skin of the pig's testes.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:48 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Lawks, wouldn't want to be a Pig in Lot now would we? C'est tres dangereuse
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:56 pm
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by treskillard
Now that is something I miss Last year I helped run the school loto and it was really fun. Wow! did the mothers make good pancakes or what! But I was surprised to see them being sold at the start for 4 for a euro and then happily being eaten straight without a topping. I made a Victoria sponge - something my mother would have laughed at but then I hanker for yorkshire pudding too. We had maize for counters to cover the rows. I've heard that in some more remote parts of the country they still use the dried skin of the pig's testes.

Words fail me. And probably the pig too
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:57 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Lawks, wouldn't want to be a Pig in Lot now would we? C'est tres dangereuse
It's all right Andy, they breed them with 200 pairs of testes which ensures minimum suffering and encourages uniformity of size.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:59 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Double lawks, pigs with 200 testes? Wouldn't want to be a Mrs Pig in Lot either, could be quite tiring ................
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:01 pm
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

It's all right Andy, they breed them with 200 pairs of testes which ensures minimum suffering and encourages uniformity of size.

Load of bollocks if you ask me
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:01 pm
Grey Bombshell

I bet Ewood goes off to YouTube now for a clip of Miss Piggy kicking seven bales out of loads of testicularly superior male pigs ...................
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:03 pm
down under where

I bet Ewood goes off to YouTube now for a clip of Miss Piggy kicking seven bales out of loads of testicularly superior male pigs ...................
Oh my God! Is that what he's like??? I thought his hairline looked a bit high but this is too much.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:04 pm
Far Kynelle

Thinking of doing some ironing actually <sniffs>

Bingo sounds a good way to meet the locals and improve your command of French numbers
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:04 pm
Far Kynelle

Oh my God! Is that what he's like??? I thought his hairline looked a bit high but this is too much.

High forehead Tres, but not like Richard E Grant
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:06 pm
down under where

Originally Posted by Ewood
Thinking of doing some ironing actually <sniffs>

Bingo sounds a good way to meet the locals and improve your command of French numbers
Looks like I may have over reacted. I can't imagine you doing that to a pig or a peg as they call it Scotland.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:10 pm
Grey Bombshell

Tres, it's supposed to be some Sex Symbol called Roy Liotta, never heard of im meself, thought he was a footballer.

Come to think of it, the pic DOES have a receding hairline - how can he be a sex symbol with them bald bits? Je Ne Comprendo Pas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.