Reload this Page >

TenTon Polar Bear

TenTon Polar Bear

Old Sep 19th 2014, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Cameronian19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TenTon Polar Bear

Hello there euro trash can,
nice to hear back from a fellow scot, who does not live a million miles away, from me in Irlam.
That said i must admit to waking up more than a wee bit disappointed learning the No vote, had prevailed.
I was all for independence even though there might have been implications for me as an ex pat, but i was prepared to put all that aside, because i believe, and indeed still believe that Scotland, is more than capable of punching above its weight, in both economic, and political terms.
I am also heartened by the fact glasgow said yes, as it is the nearest big city, to my hometown of Kilbarchan, Renfrewshire.
anyway life goes on, and the Sun will still shine bright on Loch Lomond, although in my life time, I wont see us as the verse in Flower of Scotland goes, when will we see your likes again, just as long as the old folk who I see as bolstering the No vote live.
Its the younger generation that have spoken, and awoken the spirit of change in the Political system as it stands at this time.
you might remember the song that I used to sing, along with my Mates back in the day, ye cannae shuv ur Grannie aff a Bus, well i bet that there are a few folk now who might consider doing just that, only joking of course.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cameronian19
Hello there euro trash can,
nice to hear back from a fellow scot, who does not live a million miles away, from me in Irlam.
That said i must admit to waking up more than a wee bit disappointed learning the No vote, had prevailed.
I was all for independence even though there might have been implications for me as an ex pat, but i was prepared to put all that aside, because i believe, and indeed still believe that Scotland, is more than capable of punching above its weight, in both economic, and political terms.
I am also heartened by the fact glasgow said yes, as it is the nearest big city, to my hometown of Kilbarchan, Renfrewshire.
anyway life goes on, and the Sun will still shine bright on Loch Lomond, although in my life time, I wont see us as the verse in Flower of Scotland goes, when will we see your likes again, just as long as the old folk who I see as bolstering the No vote live.
Its the younger generation that have spoken, and awoken the spirit of change in the Political system as it stands at this time.
you might remember the song that I used to sing, along with my Mates back in the day, ye cannae shuv ur Grannie aff a Bus, well i bet that there are a few folk now who might consider doing just that, only joking of course.
Is that near Habbieland?
Old Sep 21st 2014, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Cameronian19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello There Cyrian,
Yes you have got it spot on, did not think anyone outside of Renfrewshire, was aware of our kind of patron saint if you like, guid auld habbie Simpson, you cant miss him as you come up the brae, and see him on top of the steeple there.
its funny after all these years away from home, i can still visualise the spot, as clear as day.
The only downside if there is or was one, is the fact that i am not a true habbie, as my Faither, was born of an English ex pat, though my Grannie, was a Mcewan, also my Mother was a McNaughton.