Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Tax return deadline...

Tax return deadline...

Old May 31st 2012, 4:20 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tax return deadline...

... paperwork says it's today 31 May. But, having just returned to France after two months we obviously missed the incoming documents. If we work to complete this weekend and take on Monday is it likely to be received?
Option to do it on line isn't appealing and the format for the return has changed yet again. Are we now stuck with on line? Is there a fine structure?
Old May 31st 2012, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax return deadline...

I believe today was definitely the deadline for non on-line returns as the tv news showed large queues of people trying to ask questions at the help desk and popping their tax returns in the box today.
I think you may need to make an on-line return now in order to prevent the possible late fine, although you could ask them this question tomorrow.
Old Jun 1st 2012, 6:55 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
I believe today was definitely the deadline for non on-line returns as the tv news showed large queues of people trying to ask questions at the help desk and popping their tax returns in the box today.
I think you may need to make an on-line return now in order to prevent the possible late fine, although you could ask them this question tomorrow.
Thanks Tweedpipe, I feel you may be right (as you often are), but I will ask the Q when we go to town today.
I followed advice from a newspaper two years back and the tax bods slung out the return as being wrong. So, with changes to the form (why do they do that) the on line version ought to be just as much fun!!
Old Jun 1st 2012, 11:51 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

Well, well, well. If I had a feather, I'd knock myself down with it.
We went to our local tax office this morning and spoke to reception. We explained the tax forms had arrived while we were in the UK and so we had no chance to complete them. Would it be at all possible for us to complete the paper forms over the weekend and to hand deliver them on Monday.
Certainly, we were told. Bring them in on Monday, it is not a problem.