Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Tackling the French Job Market

Tackling the French Job Market

Old Feb 17th 2017, 9:46 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tackling the French Job Market

Originally Posted by alex267

. If its of any interest I'll let you know how I go with the job hunt, getting registered for healthcare insurance.

Yes, please do! Not only we're interested, but it will be helpful for potential expats, or even those already here, who aren't aware of the requirements!
Old Feb 17th 2017, 10:00 am
Just Joined

alex267 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmu
Yes, please do! Not only we're interested, but it will be helpful for potential expats, or even those already here, who aren't aware of the requirements!
By all means, I'll be happy to contribute in any way.
Old Feb 17th 2017, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alex267
Sorry, not very appropriate of me to make light of a potentially grave situation. Your advice has certainly switched me on to take the steps absolutely required to ensure living in France is as productive and contructive as possible.
I think you might have got me wrong, I wasn't meaning to sound critical at all. And I guess you've probably had enough contact with fonctionnaires by now to realise how they operate, or been told by your inlaws. It's just that one does read so many posts on forums from newbies who assume that they have automatic rights and asking means getting, as it tends to do in the UK, then they're incredulous the first time they encounter a fonctionnaire who simply shrugs and says No, you're not eligible/We have no record of you on the computer/We can't help you.

Yes, please come back with an update on progress, it will help others.