Student movinf to Paris to Flatshare

Student movinf to Paris to Flatshare

Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

aquaagua is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student movinf to Paris to Flatshare

Originally Posted by AnnW
Hi there,

First of all I am so sorry for not replying earlier, I have been abroad and had no internet access. My daughter is studying at Sciences-Po, this is in the Saint Germaine area and she managed to get a flat that was 20 minutes walk away. This has turned out to be very fortunate for her, as at the moment - as you know - France is going on strike on average about one day a week. My daughter is managing to get to University but a lot of her friends who live further away and have to rely on public transport are not so lucky. So something to bear in mind for the future. If you have any questions you want to ask - please don't hesitate. I am now in the UK so will be checking my emails and will try to reply to you asap.
AnnW
Thank you, I will keep your kind offer in mind when my daughter has been accepted on her course.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

NadiaR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I've just been reading this thread and have found it very informative! I was becoming very stressed at the lack of advice out there about moving to Paris and then I came across this! I'm 23 and I am currently planning a move out to Paris at the beginning of April. My reasons for the move are to further my level of French speaking (I studied French at A-level and continued my studies throughout university) and to work out there also.

I am planning a trip to Paris mid-February with my mother in order to look for accommodation, however there are so many problems in finding trustworthy websites for flatshares in Paris. Can anybody advise what websites they used to set up appointments for viewings? Also what more do I need to do to prepare? Besides what has already been listed.

AnnW, when you went with your daughter to search for a flatshare, how long did you stay in Paris for? Was there anything you else you did once you arrived in order to continue the search?

Sorry for the long list of queries!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:13 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NadiaR
Hi, I've just been reading this thread and have found it very informative! I was becoming very stressed at the lack of advice out there about moving to Paris and then I came across this! I'm 23 and I am currently planning a move out to Paris at the beginning of April. My reasons for the move are to further my level of French speaking (I studied French at A-level and continued my studies throughout university) and to work out there also.

I am planning a trip to Paris mid-February with my mother in order to look for accommodation, however there are so many problems in finding trustworthy websites for flatshares in Paris. Can anybody advise what websites they used to set up appointments for viewings? Also what more do I need to do to prepare? Besides what has already been listed.

AnnW, when you went with your daughter to search for a flatshare, how long did you stay in Paris for? Was there anything you else you did once you arrived in order to continue the search?

Sorry for the long list of queries!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the Forum Nadia should you have any issues give me a shout.
Old Apr 25th 2011, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

Babeso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Student moving to Paris to Flatshare

Hi!
Am also looking to move to Paris for 6 months around september or october and i was wondering on which sites you looked for the flatshares!
Thankk u : ))
Old Apr 26th 2011, 6:50 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Babeso
Hi!
Am also looking to move to Paris for 6 months around september or october and i was wondering on which sites you looked for the flatshares!
Thankk u : ))
Hi,
google "colocations Paris" and you'll find several.
But I'd be more concerned about finding trustworthy colocataires. You must go and visit flats and meet all the potential flatmates face to face before you commit yourself.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Babeso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi,
google "colocations Paris" and you'll find several.
But I'd be more concerned about finding trustworthy colocataires. You must go and visit flats and meet all the potential flatmates face to face before you commit yourself.
Thank u dmu!