Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

english school orleans france

english school orleans france

Old Feb 24th 2012, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Clifty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default english school orleans france

Hi,I have the opportunity to move to Orleans with work for 15 months but my 4 year old is due to start school in the uk this September.I was wondering if there are any international schools in the Orleans area.Thanks
Old Feb 24th 2012, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: english school orleans france

No doubt like yourself I've just Googled Loiret and Orleans which shows nothing relating to an International School. I've certainly never heard of one there and that may be the bad news for you.
However imho that 'bad' news has a silver lining. If and when you arrive, don't hesitate for a moment to put your child into a local school. He/her (especially aged 4 years) will be speaking excellent French within one year - guaranteed!
Good luck, and please keep us informed of progress.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 12:36 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clifty
Hi,I have the opportunity to move to Orleans with work for 15 months but my 4 year old is due to start school in the uk this September.I was wondering if there are any international schools in the Orleans area.Thanks
Welcome to the Forum if you get any issues give me a shout.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Orleans has a population of only 120,000 with the entire departement having a rural population of 600,000. I havn't been able to find an international school at primary school level anywhere close to Orleans.
Go for the french school option.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the info,
Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Has anyone put there English child into a French school in the Orleans area looking for some recommendations for my 4 year old?
Thanks
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:53 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone put there English child into a French school in the Orleans area looking for some recommendations for my 4 year old?
Thanks
Hi, every Commune has at least one Maternelle/Primaire, and in a large town the Mairie decides which one your child will go to, depending on your address. Go along to your Mairie as soon as you arrive.
As children only learn to read and write at 6 here, you may find that you'll have to teach reading and writing in English at home if you intend to return to the UK before then.
Hope this helps!
Old Jun 8th 2012, 11:26 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Clifty, most certainly there is a great deal of support for parents in your position in France. If my son were 4 again I would be doing this like a shot. Orleans is a super city; I would find it odd if there was not a bi-lingual kids play support group there. When my son was small we made lots of friends that way, and it was a great information exchange. Kids of that age are like little sponges, they just soak it all up. Best of luck.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the info,think we are going to take the plunge and see what happens!
Old Jun 26th 2012, 8:14 am
Just Joined

maryco is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
My daughter lives and works in Orleans & takes her 18-month old daughter to a "Cafe Poussette" called "Le Temps des Bulles" from time to time (http://autempsdesbulles.blogspot.fr/ and http://www.petitfute.com/adresse/eta...de-the-orleans - 58 rue de la Charpenterie, 45000-Orleans). The owner/manageress who runs this "Drop-In Cafe for Mums & Tots" speaks English & might know of Bilingual Playgroups. I hear a lot of English/American every time I visit & take my granddaughter to the Parc Pasteur, close to Orleans Railway Station/Carrefour Shopping Centre. Orleans should consider English Mini Schools such as "Les Petits Bilingues" (several in Paris). We (Granny & parents) speak English to Little Louise who is quite a chatterbox and has registered the difference between the 2 languages but French is gradually taking over because of the time spent at the childminder's & the country of residence. Her Mum (& Dad, I think) would like to find some English speaking friends and/or Bilingual Families with children in the 2-4 age group. Let me know if this helps.