Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Some didnt have a year to remember

Some didnt have a year to remember

Old Dec 24th 2012, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

3 dog night is on a distinguished road
Default Some didnt have a year to remember

When we first came to france we joined a small hamlet of "All french people" and we decided to knock on every door (6 homes spread out) and say hello we're the people who have bought the wreck down the track,

All six neighbors we're and have been smashing to us from that day on until now and still remain the same,

But one stood out, She is in her 80's now and she invited both of us to the family pre christmas dinner, her husband could just about shuffle around the table and never went outside the front door,
All the family really tried to make us welcome that christmas,
We've had many a cuppa and chat with all the family but mainly with the lady im talking about,
I just knew these we're good people mainly because of her love for animals "two dogs of her own and a village stray that nobody really owns but it's at her house more than any other, plus a cat.

The two dogs are like her children she loves them to bits, early on this november her husband died, and as they'd been together for a life time only ever separated during the war it 's been very hard for her but she had her dogs,
That is until yesterday the vet had to put the older dog to sleep as it was unable to move anymore it was 14 yrs old,

I know we moan at times about nothing really but when i see a lady in her 80's crying i really wish i had a magic wand to put things right.

All the family we're there today as we went round to give her our christmas gift and i couldnt help but "shall i say have a bit of grit in my eye" big boys dont cry! or do they.