Reload this Page >

The social side of France

The social side of France

Old Feb 6th 2005, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Agnes Williamson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The social side of France

Hello,

Moving to South of France sometime this year and would like to know the best expat communities. We play golf and bridge and would to have a good social life. If anyone could help by letting me know where you would recommend it would help me to start looking. There are so many expat websites but none which tell me about the social side of life! Any websites or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Michael E will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The social side of France

Originally Posted by Agnes Williamson
Hello,

Moving to South of France sometime this year and would like to know the best expat communities. We play golf and bridge and would to have a good social life. If anyone could help by letting me know where you would recommend it would help me to start looking. There are so many expat websites but none which tell me about the social side of life! Any websites or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Most French towns have a sort of welcoming system - Accueil des Villes Francais - (Reception for French towns) the search engine should find the local one to you... Although these are designed for French people who move into a new area - normally you will find ex-pats there as well - They have Bridge afternoons - Evenings - Need help with people to give English lessons - do all sorts of cultural things and frequently some sports like tennis or golf.......
Old Feb 14th 2005, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Mike Scragg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The social side of France

Originally Posted by Agnes Williamson
Hello,

Thanks!!

Hi,

We have a friend with house in a village called Le Rouret between Nice and Grasse close to an area called Opio. at Opio there is a Champion supermarket and a golf course - down the road towards Nice there is Roquefort les Pins which has a large british community and a Shoppi supermarket. Not far to the South is Valbonne - a lovey little town with a fair sized square with a large outdoor dinning area with very reasonable (and very tasty) Plat du Jour - market is Friday morning till 1:00pm. Up the road is St Paul de Vence - touristy but with a superb restaurant if you really want to splash out (Le Colomb D'Or) or a nice little outdoor eatery (le Tilleul Menthe) there is also Gourdon (don't stop at the cafe by the car park - they rip you off) but the cafe by the church is good and the Nid de L'Aigle is another place if you want to splash out.

Hope this helps, regards,

Mike Scragg