Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Single mother moving to France with British & Canadian Citizenship

Single mother moving to France with British & Canadian Citizenship

Old Dec 20th 2017, 8:25 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Single mother moving to France with British & Canadian Citizenship

Originally Posted by Chatter Static
Everywhere in France is completely different in the winter months and it tends to be the most under looked aspect of living here, people visit in the spring and summer months buy a house and realise winter months just seem to lack tumble weed.
Well yes, in a way. For most of the 10 years since we bought our place, until we retired 2 years ago and apart from a sabbatical I had in 2013, we've been in our French home only in the summer months.

Now that we're at liberty to be there whenever we want, we find that we're much more accepted as members of the local community than just summer visitors would be. I'm not a great fan of tumbleweed ( been there done that) and it's certainly quiet in winter, but I find that to be rather pleasant.

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Well said. Unless you are a skier then most places look better in the spring/summer.
See above. Not much skiing in Normandy.
Old Dec 26th 2017, 6:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Single mother moving to France with British & Canadian Citizenship

Originally Posted by AmberSN
PS: I'm sorry if these questions have been asked before. I'm having trouble navigating this website. Is their a "search" button anywhere for the discussion forums?
Top right of every forum.

HTH.