selling a house in france

selling a house in france

Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

annabella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: selling a house in france

[QUOTE=Kate45;5305079]
Originally Posted by Novocastrian

I also need no excuse for a glass of vino ...hopefully I'll find like minded people in Perpignan or Montpellier
You will you will...........

I drink Australian wines here along with Canadian. Both excellent. My whinge here in Canada is that wine is so expensive. Doesn't stop me drinking it though.
Here's to you all (raising my glass here)! Santé!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=annabella;5308754]
Originally Posted by Kate45
You will you will...........

I drink Australian wines here along with Canadian. Both excellent. My whinge here in Canada is that wine is so expensive. Doesn't stop me drinking it though.
Here's to you all (raising my glass here)! Santé!
Have you tried any of the South African wines?
Find they are some of the cheapest at the bottle store here in Nova Scotia
Around $12 a bottle
Old Sep 14th 2007, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=val50;5310646]
Originally Posted by annabella

Have you tried any of the South African wines?
Find they are some of the cheapest at the bottle store here in Nova Scotia
Around $12 a bottle
I shall have a look for them and do some serious tasting. Thanks. Most of what I buy - the biggies - are about $15 to 16$ plus tax. I think that "they" are putting less wine in these bottles than they used to. They don't seem to last so long!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

artemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to all

Annabella, I have not got a glass of wine in front of me at the moment, but will probably have one later. We bought a few bottles when we were in France and a few from a great wine producer in Peyriac sur mer. Anyway I am raising an imaginary and future glass of wine to you today. P.S. weather is lovely and autumnal here at the moment, feels great to be alive
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by artemis
Annabella, I have not got a glass of wine in front of me at the moment, but will probably have one later. We bought a few bottles when we were in France and a few from a great wine producer in Peyriac sur mer. Anyway I am raising an imaginary and future glass of wine to you today. P.S. weather is lovely and autumnal here at the moment, feels great to be alive
Wherever you are thank you. Where is Peyriac sur Mer? Dordogne?
Old Sep 15th 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that "they" are putting less wine in these bottles than they used to. They don't seem to last so long![/QUOTE]

You've noticed that too - I thought it was just me
Have you tried the ice wine too?
Some of the Nova Scotia wines - especially the whites which I don't usually like so much, are really not bad.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 4:09 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by val50
I think that "they" are putting less wine in these bottles than they used to. They don't seem to last so long!
Some of the Nova Scotia wines - especially the whites which I don't usually like so much, are really not bad.[/QUOTE]
Ice wine is too sweet for me. Think it is rather overrated tho' I did taste a homemade ice wine which was just as good a quality as the commercial ones. I didn't know NS made wine. Wouldn't have thought thelimate hot enough but there is a great deal I don't know about Canada I am sorry to say. Shall look out for NS wine too. I shall be busy. That's another recommendation,along with South African wine. My excuse will be that I am just "tasting" but believe me I won't be wasting any of it by spitting it out as one should!
Old Sep 15th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant futureKate45 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by annabella
Some of the Nova Scotia wines - especially the whites which I don't usually like so much, are really not bad.
Ice wine is too sweet for me. Think it is rather overrated tho' I did taste a homemade ice wine which was just as good a quality as the commercial ones. I didn't know NS made wine. Wouldn't have thought thelimate hot enough but there is a great deal I don't know about Canada I am sorry to say. Shall look out for NS wine too. I shall be busy. That's another recommendation,along with South African wine. My excuse will be that I am just "tasting" but believe me I won't be wasting any of it by spitting it out as one should![/QUOTE]

I have never spat it out when tasting (except if its awful) always considered that a waste !!!
Old Sep 15th 2007, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kate45
Ice wine is too sweet for me. Think it is rather overrated tho' I did taste a homemade ice wine which was just as good a quality as the commercial ones. I didn't know NS made wine. Wouldn't have thought thelimate hot enough but there is a great deal I don't know about Canada I am sorry to say. Shall look out for NS wine too. I shall be busy. That's another recommendation,along with South African wine. My excuse will be that I am just "tasting" but believe me I won't be wasting any of it by spitting it out as one should!

I have never spat it out when tasting (except if its awful) always considered that a waste !!![/QUOTE]
Yes, but hasn't it got to be pretty awful though to waste it? Doesn't happen to me very often!
Old Sep 17th 2007, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

artemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to allartemis is a name known to all

Hi Annabella, It is in the Corbierre (probably spelled that wrong!) region of France and is near Leucate plage (which by the way was a fantastic beach). I am still learning about the different areas that there are in France. Are you now staying in Canada now that you have sold your house?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

Hi Annabella, It is in the Corbierre (probably spelled that wrong!) region of France and is near Leucate plage (which by the way was a fantastic beach). I am still learning about the different areas that there are in France. Are you now staying in Canada now that you have sold your house?
After having asked you where Peyriec sur MER is I realised what a daft question it was to ask if it was in the Dordogne! I don't believe Dordogne has a MER! Don't think I know your area. As for my future plans........I had been anticipating staying on in Canada being sponsored. I am the restless sort unfortunately and usually wondering where I can travel to next. I shall return to France for a while to sign over my lovely house, then travel on to India for a visit. And you?
Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Annabella, I think I can identify with the restlessness. Although this house is beautiful and secluded and we are lucky to have bought it I still don't feel like this is it Having read the latest report here on the news about the North West passage (have you heard?) for the first time in the history of mankind the ice has melted and there is an alternative to travelling through the panama canal. In other words the Arctic is melting they think by 2040 there will be no more ice int he Arctic. Anyway England is beginning to look like it will freeze over because of all the freshwater being dumped onto the gulf stream. Sorry if I am depressing everybody out there I am quite interested in climate change. I don't feel depressed by it, but really I do wonder what the weather will be like here in a few years time. France seems a warmer place to be! What will you do in India and where do you think you will live there .... love to know, bye bye for now
Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:55 pm
Account Closed

Hi Annabella, I think I can identify with the restlessness. Although this house is beautiful and secluded and we are lucky to have bought it I still don't feel like this is it Having read the latest report here on the news about the North West passage (have you heard?) for the first time in the history of mankind the ice has melted and there is an alternative to travelling through the panama canal. In other words the Arctic is melting they think by 2040 there will be no more ice int he Arctic. Anyway England is beginning to look like it will freeze over because of all the freshwater being dumped onto the gulf stream. Sorry if I am depressing everybody out there I am quite interested in climate change. I don't feel depressed by it, but really I do wonder what the weather will be like here in a few years time. France seems a warmer place to be! What will you do in India and where do you think you will live there .... love to know, bye bye for now
My daughter has just moved to Bangalore from Dubai. Her 6th country in 11 years. She is very happy there and will probably stay on. Yes, my very old historic house too is lovely and secluded. Lived there for 30 years so v. tough to sell but maintenance is enormous as there is quite a lot of land. Big change in my life. As for asking yourself if this is it. I have come to the conclusion that I shall never lose this restlessness and I should love to feel too that this is it. But it never does........and I am still looking. Runs in the family. ¨What took you both to France and have you been there long?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

elaines is just really niceelaines is just really niceelaines is just really niceelaines is just really niceelaines is just really niceelaines is just really niceelaines is just really niceelaines is just really nice
Question Re: selling a house in france

Quote by Jameswanderer:

hi,

i dont know where you get the information that you cant sell your house on ebay! people are selling bulgarian and french properties by the score every day on it.

I put my own house up on ebay sunday night at £1 and no reserve and its generated a lot of interest. I find £1 NR auctions get the real customers, if you put something up with a fixed price, even buy it now or best offer, people dont make an offer they just sit and watch it. an auction give a scence of, 'damn, if i want it, got to bid now for it!'

Good luck with selling your house, mines at £5000 already after 2 days, and no waiting round 6 months for an agent sale! yepee!

To Jameswanderer,

What a fascinating idea; imagine what would happen if the final bidder gets a great price, so good in fact that the local Mairie exercises it's right of pre-emption and "gazumps" the buyer?

Would you be liable under eBay rules for failing to supply the property as advertised?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 9:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

There is a no advertising policy on this forum, thanks

Site rules, rule 9

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.