Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

selling a house in france

selling a house in france

Old Sep 29th 2006, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of
Default selling a house in france

hi all, i am ready to sell my place in france now and these french immobiliers that i have contacted have proven to be U S , so i am taking things into my own hands and am going to put the house on ebay. So does anybody have any ideas about how the notaires fees etc will be paid ? and how to get all the paper work completed , obviously the property only has 1 owner now unlike when i bought it from half of the loire valley and their cousins , any help would be greatly appreciated .
Old Sep 29th 2006, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Ros C is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: selling a house in france

Originally Posted by thebardies
hi all, i am ready to sell my place in france now and these french immobiliers that i have contacted have proven to be U S , so i am taking things into my own hands and am going to put the house on ebay. So does anybody have any ideas about how the notaires fees etc will be paid ? and how to get all the paper work completed , obviously the property only has 1 owner now unlike when i bought it from half of the loire valley and their cousins , any help would be greatly appreciated .
Can't you give info and show pics on this site? Quite a few will be interested.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ros C
Can't you give info and show pics on this site? Quite a few will be interested.
Sorry, read rule 8. no advertising.

If anyone asks, PM the details to them.

Last edited by jdr; Sep 29th 2006 at 9:14 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2006, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

priscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to all

We've just sold our house ourselves. Nothing simpler, the notaire takes care of everything anyway, wether it's an agency who sells or yourself. He will do the paperwork, take whatever taxes you might need to pay, pay back the mortgage on the house if you have one and give you a cheque of what's left. The notaire's fees will be charged to the buyer so you don't have to worry about that either.
When you find a buyer and have agreed on a price just contact the notaire to sign the "compromis de vente".
Old Sep 30th 2006, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

thebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud ofthebardies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by priscilia
We've just sold our house ourselves. Nothing simpler, the notaire takes care of everything anyway, wether it's an agency who sells or yourself. He will do the paperwork, take whatever taxes you might need to pay, pay back the mortgage on the house if you have one and give you a cheque of what's left. The notaire's fees will be charged to the buyer so you don't have to worry about that either.
When you find a buyer and have agreed on a price just contact the notaire to sign the "compromis de vente".
thankyou so much for that. you make it sound so easy. Just want to get the house sold before the move to Oz as its not much good to us there!!
Old Sep 30th 2006, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

priscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to all

thankyou so much for that. you make it sound so easy. Just want to get the house sold before the move to Oz as its not much good to us there!!
The hard part is finding the buyer!
Old Sep 30th 2006, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: selling a house in france

Originally Posted by priscilia
The hard part is finding the buyer!
yes we are putting it on ebay tonight!!
Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

PatrickP is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it won't be possible to sell your house on Ebay, it's forbidden (just read the rules).
But maybe I can help you.
I'm working in a french agency also specialized for foreign (mainly english) buyers/sellers.
Just write me a private mail and i will do all possible for you.
Best regards.

Patrick Poiraud.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:51 am
Just Joined

tattooheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PatrickP
I think it won't be possible to sell your house on Ebay, it's forbidden (just read the rules).
I'm working in a french agency also specialized for foreign (mainly english) buyers/sellers.
Best regards.

Patrick Poiraud.
Am looking to sell a house and did'nt read the rules very well, so I have mentioned it on this site, it might not pass, but some french friends have asked me for some help, as they don't speak English..... what's your private mail?
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

JamesWanderer is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

i dont know where you get the information that you cant sell your house on ebay! people are selling bulgarian and french properties by the score every day on it.

I put my own house up on ebay sunday night at £1 and no reserve and its generated a lot of interest. I find £1 NR auctions get the real customers, if you put something up with a fixed price, even buy it now or best offer, people dont make an offer they just sit and watch it. an auction give a scence of, 'damn, if i want it, got to bid now for it!'

Good luck with selling your house, mines at £5000 already after 2 days, and no waiting round 6 months for an agent sale! yepee!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PatrickP
Best regards.

Patrick Poiraud.
Total nonsense. Typical estate agent.

Of course you can sell property on ebay. There's even a section called Residential Property!

Priscilla's advice above is spot on. My sister just sold her house in France through a private ad - no ridiculous 7% EA fee - and the notaire did everything.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 4:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesWanderer
I put my own house up on ebay sunday night at £1 and no reserve and its generated a lot of interest. I find £1 NR auctions get the real customers,

Do you not ..... well ........ feel just a little bit nervous!!!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Not especially- everyone knows what a house in france is worth so anyone seeing it go for too much of a bargain price is going to grab it. Looking at my bidding list there are some even with 'investor' in their ebay user name- you cant buy a pile of bricks in a field for less than 20,000 euros anymore in france!

I have faith.....but in the right place, we shall know next sunday.

if you want to follow its progress for educational purposes its item 230170097464. I will report back on whether or not 1 pound no reserve auctions really equal a decent priced quick sale :curse:
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

you cant buy a pile of bricks in a field for less than 20,000 euros anymore in france!

You can in Normandy
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Normandy is France like wales is england, though.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.