Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Schooling & move to France - La Tour Rose?

Schooling & move to France - La Tour Rose?

Old Jul 14th 2017, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Lucyinthesky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schooling & move to France - La Tour Rose?

Hello,
I received some great information on here previously about schooling but am back for more advice if I may?!

We are planning to move to outskirts of Toulouse area for a lifestyle change. Neither of us are connected to Airbus! I've (pretty much) decided against the state school option, whilst our two children (3 and 2) are certainly young enough to pick the language up quickly, I am seeking a more creative, relaxed approach to education - lots of learning through open-ended play and discovery. This has led us towards Montessori schools.
I had previously visited the lovely English 31 administrator at the school in Colomiers last year, and whilst it looks like a great programme, we definitely leant more towards Montessori approach. We really like La Tour Rose in Lebage. Does anyone have experience of this school? I like that it caters for children up to 12 years when they move to college. I understand it may be difficult to secure a place though. I've also heard good things about Mon Ecole in Balma but haven't visited as yet. Are there others Montessori schools (out of central Toulouse) that we've not considered?
With this in mind, our house search will focus on East of Toulouse. We really like the look and feel of Verfeil, Googlemaps suggests its within commuting distance of Labege - does this differ wildly to rush hour?
Any and all info would be very much appreciated!
Old Jul 14th 2017, 9:36 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schooling & move to France - La Tour Rose?

Lucyinthesky, nice to hear back from you!

join this FB group and ask
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2478...?fref=mentions

also perhaps the english mums and tots group?
Tots and Co - Toulouse - Home
Old Jul 15th 2017, 7:18 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I rest my case as far as State Maternelles/Primaires go!
On the other hand, in your other thread, you didn't react to the issues of vaccinations and setting up a business here.
- Be aware that the new French Government proposes to make up to 11 vaccinations compulsory for children (as opposed to the present 3).
- Research the legal/fiscal/social aspects of setting up a business structure, esp. the cons (as opposed to the few pros) of employing others. French Laws aren't kind to employers. The simplist form, Auto-Entrepreneur or whatever it's called nowadays, can't employ anyone else.
I understand your concern to find the best schooling for your children, but the above aspects, and healthcare coverage for the family, should also be considered....
Old Jul 15th 2017, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Thanks Petitefrancais, I've already joined those groups, but will perhaps post a question there too. It seems like an age ago when we first started researching, we may be overthinking things somewhat!!
DMU - happy to vaccinate if there is a case for it. Our accountants are dealing with legal structure. We have outsourced so now don't have any direct employees, rather more a supply chain arrangement. The accountant is talking about an umbrella company with a French subsidary which means we will pay appropriate tax.
Yes, healthcare is a priority. I haven't researched providers yet, so welcome thoughts, unless they are all much of a muchness.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 8:45 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky
Yes, healthcare is a priority. I haven't researched providers yet, so welcome thoughts, unless they are all much of a muchness.
If your OH is in the French Social Security System, you and the family will be covered. In view of your young children, you'd be advised to take out a "Mutuelle" (top-up insurance) for reimbursement of the 30% medical costs that the S.S. doesn't reimburse (glasses and false teeth much less, but children's glasses may be better reimbursed than adults', I've forgotten...)
Until your OH is in the System, you should take out private healthcare insurance upon arrival, to justify possible residency requirements later. No need for a Mutuelle in that case, as you can choose what coverage you wish. Some one will come along with some recommended private health insurance providers, but you may have to start a new Thread on the subject, as those-in-the-know won't necessarily read a thread on schooling...
Old Jul 15th 2017, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
The simplist form, Auto-Entrepreneur or whatever it's called nowadays, can't employ anyone else.
Well you CAN, in the sense that there is nothing to stop you apart from common sense, because it would almost certainly sink your business if you did.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 11:54 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky
DMU - happy to vaccinate if there is a case for it.
you are joking?

If a vaccination is mandatory for entry into education collectif then it is YOU that will have to make a case. French doctors won't sign an exemption just because an ill-informed parent doesn't want to vaccinate their children. You will have to have an iron-clad medical reason.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all info everyone.

Not adverse to immunisations at all. If France have identified a need for 11 vaccines then so be it.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 3:11 pm
Austin. TX.

8 nouveaux vaccins obligatoires pour les enfants de moins de 2 ans | Gouvernement.fr
They will be obligatory in 2018.
I can't see any that I would object to my kids having.

This sentence though sums up French society:
" « L’obligation se justifie parce que ce n’est pas seulement un acte individuel, mais un acte de solidarité, une façon de protéger la société »
Old Jul 15th 2017, 3:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
.... This sentence though sums up French society:
" « L’obligation se justifie parce que ce n’est pas seulement un acte individuel, mais un acte de solidarité, une façon de protéger la société »
Liberté égalité fraternité!
Old Jul 15th 2017, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The French got it right !
Old Jul 15th 2017, 4:05 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
santé

(both meanings)
Old Jul 15th 2017, 4:10 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
The French got it right !
That seems improbable.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 4:27 pm
Austin. TX.

Originally Posted by Pulaski
yes. exactly.

you have the choice of whether or not to vaccinate.

However for the benefit of all the children (égalité et fraternité) if you want the benefit of education collectif, then you vaccinate.
Old Jul 16th 2017, 5:07 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Annetje
santé

(both meanings)
Chin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.