Reload this Page >

Renting in France.

Renting in France.

Old Dec 15th 2006, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

jimmywilletts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renting in France.

Hi all

My wife and I are considering moving to France for 6mts to a year just to get a flavour for the place. We were thinking of the Franche Comté region. Does anyone know anything about long-term renting in France or any websites that could help.

Many thanks in advance

Jim
Old Dec 28th 2006, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Ruthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Renting in France.

Hi there
we currently rent in this region, located in the Haute-Saône and there are loads of rentals available ranging from studios to houses.
Its a lovely area, possibly a bit quieter than other parts of France, but great for links to Alsace, Germany & Switzerland and even Italy.

You can use a real estate agent -immobilier, but they charge a significant commission per month, we saw a flat recently that was about 200 euro a month extra :scared:
We get local adds here each week -try:

http://www.paruvendu.fr/html/bonjour/index.php

check out immobilier>location immobilier and then put in your region and type of housing.
Franche-Comté regions
(25) Doubs
(39) Jura
(70) Haute-Saône
(90) Territoire de Belfort

Housing is advertised in metres squared, and number of chambres (including bedrooms and salon (living room)
For eg ours was advertised as T3 (or F3) 90m2 so has 2 bedrooms, 1 living room.

some housing has gas/elec charges or bin charges could be included, so check.
Quality of housing varies, so its best to rent when here rather than relying on the net.

ps-if you drive around the area you want to live in you should see there are handwritten signs stuck to the gates/fences on available properties, and also the same handwritten notices stuck to windows in town/centre villes etc

Allow yourselves about 2/3 weeks to find a place and move in.

Important-Most larger properties (i.e. not studios) are not furnished so you will need to provide your own stove, fridge, washing machine.
check out the paruvendu for second hand stuff or here's a few shops
conforama.fr
auchan.fr
intermarche.com
gifi.fr

If you need anymore info you can pm me.
Best of luck
Ruth

Originally Posted by jimmywilletts
Hi all

My wife and I are considering moving to France for 6mts to a year just to get a flavour for the place. We were thinking of the Franche Comté region. Does anyone know anything about long-term renting in France or any websites that could help.

Many thanks in advance

Jim
Old Dec 29th 2006, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

jimmywilletts is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ruth

Thanks for the info thats great . What sort of jobs are there available? I currently work in healthcare and my wife's a primary school teacher although our professional qualifications probably aren't recognised in France (will have to check). We don't really care what we do lol.

Cheers

Jim
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Ruthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of lightRuthyman is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there
It depends on your levels of french. Stick to bigger towns if in doubt. In my village we even have adecco so why not check them out online?
I am not sure about qualifications, again why not contact an employment agency for a chat before you commit. Govt jobs can be hard to secure.
Good luck!