Reload this Page >

Rental questions

Rental questions

Old Jun 13th 2014, 12:10 pm
In Transit

cshurt64 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rental questions

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
French employment law stipulates that all employers must provide an employment contract to every employee. It doesn't mean that you are on 'contract' work. Your employment contract is a very important legal document which confirms whether you are a permanent or fixed term employee, your salary, your working conditions, etc.

If you're going to be resident in France, and employed to work in France, this would normally mean that your employer must employ you in accordance with French employment law, ie provide a contract that accords with French employment legislation, pay French social security contributions for you, etc. There are cases where this doesn't apply, but just a heads up to make sure that you and your employer know the law and are in the clear. Living in France, working for an employer in different country and trying to bypass paying into the French social security system is a no-no under normal circumstances.
Thank you I understand. I'm sure my employer will handle this for me, right now I am still based in the US as we work through the paper work, so I'm just doing my best to get a jump start where possible because I know that things tend to take longer in France.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rental questions

Point being - when you come to move, you should have an employment contract to show to prospective landlords. Trying to get ahead of yourself and do things too far upfront gets complicated because until you're 'in the system', you don't have all the things that respectable people in France are expected to have. Once you are 'in the system', everything falls into place.