Reload this Page >

Questions about the procedure of renting in France

Questions about the procedure of renting in France

Old Jun 9th 2008, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

LFDDAP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions about the procedure of renting in France

Hello again.

I was wondering whether you could help me out regarding the procedures of renting a place out.

Around the 15th of July, I'll be going to Marseille to work - I'll be heading for Nimes on the 28th and will probably stay there for a week or so, before I head back to the UK.

Anyway, I'm looking for an 8-month let in Nimes, starting from around mid-August. When I'm in Marseille I'll scout out possible estate agents and some privately-advertised properties which'll give me enough to look at during my week in Nimes.

My main question, though, is: will I need some documents to show to the landlord/lady or estate agents to rent out a place?

I have a feeling that I'll need to show a utility bill or something, but I'm living at home at the moment so I'm not paying anything on that front.

Also, on a bit of a tangent from property, does anyone have any experience in Nimes? What is it like as a place, etc? I've been reading that there is a stronger Latin influence than Gallic, but that doesn't bother me too much - just so long as I can understand the lcoals with my rudimentary French!

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

LFDDAP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions about the procedure of renting in France

Hate to bump an old thread, but I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Picked out a few estate agents that I'm gonna visit, but I don't know what I need to take (if indeed I find a place). Will I need utility bills, bank statements, passports, special forms etc?
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:18 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions about the procedure of renting in France

Originally Posted by LFDDAP
Hate to bump an old thread, but I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Picked out a few estate agents that I'm gonna visit, but I don't know what I need to take (if indeed I find a place). Will I need utility bills, bank statements, passports, special forms etc?
You normally have to show your Pay slips to prove that you can pay the rent, but if you won't have started work yet, maybe a declaration from your future employer will help things along. There has already been a thread on renting, and the postings must have given a list of necessary documents. Your Passport is certainly a must. Bonne chance!