Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

property buying in france

property buying in france

Old Feb 25th 2005, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

mpprh has a brilliant futurempprh has a brilliant futurempprh has a brilliant futurempprh has a brilliant futurempprh has a brilliant futurempprh has a brilliant future
Default Re: property buying in france

Hi

I've tried to put all the "living & legislation" information here : http://www.the-languedoc-page.com/ex...egislation.htm

Bonne chance

Peter
Old Mar 12th 2005, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

EnvironHesdin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: property buying in france

Dear All,

Only a new member I know, my mother and I are currently at the first stage of the process, we have signed the compromis and are waiting for it to come back.

Having read all of the messages in this thread, I can see that there are many people who have had successful experiences in this area so I shall stick to mine and let you make your own decisions.

I would follow on another members recommendation for VEF UK Ltd (Http://www.vefuk.com). For some time we had been looking for a property in the Pas de Calais within our budget of £250,000. Three days ago (Wednesday 9 March) we found the perfect property, through VEF. For VEF's services, you will pay approximately 4150GBP. This is included in the price you see advertised on their sites, the price also includes all notaires fees, necessary surveys, document translations and so on (Check site for full details) Peter, our VEF agent in the Pas de Calais, was excellent and went further than most to put us at our ease, enjoying lunch with us on one of the days and arranging for a builder to assess the property for us to gauge the potential cost of creating the gites that we want to provide a top-up income.

I would also like to say that the asking price of the property that we looked at was £203,000 (Below our budget! What UK agent would do that) but in fact once he had done his bit, the price we settled on was only £180,000 a saving of £23,000 may I just remind you that not only is that in pounds stirling but there is nothing else to pay, and not only that, but VEF make sure that you know EXACTLY how much you will pay in taxes for the property as well as introduce you to some local expats and english speakers, they handle your utilities and investigate the possibility of broadband (Which in some villages is rather rare) and not only that but they will honestly say to you if a property is a money pit, EVEN if it is the most expensive one since their fee is the same regardless of what property you buy!

All in all a very pleasant experience and I thoroughly recommend that anyone thinking that they want to move to France, but don't want to be too far from family and friends back in england, Go to the Pas de calais, find a little town called Hesdin (Pronounced Hay-dan) and buy yourself a beaut.

Many Thanks for the patience it probably took to read this.

Matt Smith