Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Posts about SAT NAVS etc moved from other thread.

Posts about SAT NAVS etc moved from other thread.

Old May 29th 2012, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Posts about SAT NAVS etc moved from other thread.

Originally Posted by smithyandlisa
Originally Posted by Vanya
I shall not be visiting this thread again. Well, we can all do without rudeness, and one should not expect it on this board.
Vanya,

If you are going to add a quote, please post the whole quote, not just a part of it which can easily be taken out of context. I laughed because first of all you said, and I quote, "I still maintain that everyone wants to know where the cameras are, so we buy the Sat-Nav for that purpose. It's saved me hundreds in speeding fines: no question."

As mentioned by someone else, if you don't speed, you don't need to know where the cameras are. You clearly need to know.

Two posts later, when I assume you thought we had all forgotten what you had written previously, you stated, "I do not break speed limits, and am a careful driver".

It's drivers like you who drive way too fast and then slam on the brakes when they see camera, who cause many of the accidents on our roads.

So, as I said, if you're going to quote me, quote me in context please. What you said was laughable, and I laughed!
Old May 29th 2012, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Posts about SAT NAVS etc moved from other thread.

In my mind it's always a pity when a poster loses face, and decides to quit a thread or forum - allegedly due to rudeness, but regarding this particular thread I believe Comrade Vanya was his own worst enemy.
He stated, "Everyone breaks the law in France: it's French tradition", a comment which is rude, incorrect, and unjustified.

He also implied that all SatNav’s give radar position warnings, and that folks only buy them for that reason. The fact that he bought one (only for that reason) clearly indicates that he is a potential breaker of speed limits.
And he also suggested after reading my post that I must be an official of the French government! I can live with a poster who provides an occasional laugh, but not one who gives imprecise information, and who is rude.
Suggest we leave the door ajar for him though, as I did find some of his Siberia data interesting on a previous thread.

Last edited by Tweedpipe; May 29th 2012 at 8:04 pm.