Photos

Old Nov 30th 2007, 2:30 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photos

Just been trawling through my 'outtakes' for the week, and found these two that looked like they had a bit of something, so here they are. These were both taken on Monday, around the old bridge leading into Saumur. Hope you like them.

I was walking away from the bridge, with my eyes on the chateau. I just happened to look back at the bridge and it was bathed in this golden light from the early morning sun. It didn't last long however, as the clouds took over soon after. Just a 5 minute window to rattle off a few shots. Great timing!

I've tweaked this a bit on Photoshop, pushed the saturation levels just a touch, and sharpened it just to give it a bit of 'graininess'. I think it kind of looks like the old hand coloured prints. The colours in the bankside grasses were superb. Even at this time of year, and after some of the really harsh frosts we've been gatting too.

Old Nov 30th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there Le Chant. Great to hear from you. Weather here (Hampshire) very nasty too. Some heavy rain (as i type)...........and pretty cold as well (heating on for all the family coming in later!)......
Pleased you had a lie in, recharge those batteries for next week.
The photo of the bridge (No1) incredible. The sun on the front of the bridge, the (rain?) clouds coming over.... looks like a set from a Roman film set. Cant place that bridge....must have crossed it at sometime, when visiting the inlaws, but i get lost so much i end up crossing bridges not on the map page the boss is looking at.

My driving at fault (adds quickly) ... not her navigation skills........

Last edited by themoose; Nov 30th 2007 at 2:58 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

themoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond reputethemoose has a reputation beyond repute

Just a Q....... i know that the answer is probably obvious (attachemnet at the bottom)...

but how do you get the photo's you take to come on the forum screen rather than in the photo gallery? ..... is it as simple as clicking the attachment and adding from the browser?
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:05 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

It's pretty easy Moose. What you do is select the web address of the picture you want to upload to the forum first. Just copy it either from the web browser bar, or from the 'properties' tag on the picture itself. Then, create a post in the forum as normal. Click on the small icon that looks like a mountain scene, and when the menu comes up, paste in the web addy you've just copied.

You can then centre (as I do) by highlighting the script just as you would a piece of text.

Thanks for the compliments again. I've just framed some up this afternoon for use in the gites. Hopefully, folks will be interested enough to buy some! I can dream....

The bridge is the Pont Cessart, leading from the Ile d'Offard into the centre of Saumur itself. That light's just gorgeous isn't it? To think, I nearly binned that shot too...Just shows it pays to have a second look!
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that....... certainly worth a second look...a shot that shouldnt have been missed.
I will attempt to put a picture (wont compare to yours... i have an old Sony DCS F88 camera... but i know how it works, so im happy) from trips or when walking the schnauzer by the sea. Must start and take it out with me. Envy you having some gites..... this is something that will interest me later. Good idea putting the pictures inside for viewing. You never know your luck.

Same with dreamcatchers pictures ..... you are obviously both very talented people.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

peaches17 will become famous soon enoughpeaches17 will become famous soon enough

Le Chant, your pictures are glorious, what a wonderful invitation to beauty. You are very talented.

Peach
Old Dec 1st 2007, 9:41 am

Peaches, I'm very touched, thank you that was a lovely thing to say.

I showed a few échantillons to my mate Alain, our local bar owner last night and he wants me to hang some in his restaurant with discreet price stickers on them. He's getting very popular for the food down there, and there's usually a good crowd in there. The trouble is, I have no idea what they're worth. Or what folks would be willing to pay for them.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud ofpaulajayne has much to be proud of

Le chant
your pictures are truly amazing, i go everywhere with my little sony cybershot on my bag and have managed to get some great shots with it but been wanting the same camera as you use for ages so... am going to show OH your pictures and hope that it finally sinks in what i want for xmas
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 2:03 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Le chant, you may like this post HERE
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 2:25 pm

Wow! Some truly spectacular images there. Thanks for that, and a great soundtrack too.

I might have to have a go at creating a PP slideshow of some of my stuff. Brilliant!
Old Dec 3rd 2007, 6:29 pm
Correze, The Limousin

Chris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond repute

There are a couple of very powerful slideshow creation programmes out there - I use one, and the results can be spectacular (and you can post the shows on-line for people to view, burn to DVD or create PC-based executables). I don't suppose I am allowed to mention them by name, but if you PM me, I can furnish details... you probably are aware of these, anyway !

Chris
Old Dec 4th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great photo film show. Dont the people (when in them) look chilled
Old Dec 4th 2007, 4:08 pm

It's funny, but I thought that too Moose! It must be all about being happy with your lot, eh? No iPods, no rush-hour traffic. No mobile phones, no keeping up with the Joneses...

I believe that's one of the reasons that many French are so laid back too. The younger ones are catching 'the western disease' though, I'm afraid. Life becomes more consumer driven as the years roll by.

Anyway. The only shot I managed to get on a rain-soaked and windy day on Sunday was this one. I loved the way the blues of the signs and shutters seemed to be reflected in the cobbles.

I did get a few yesterday though, just walking in the woods near home with the mutt. I'll process them later and put them up in the gallery.

Christmas will be spent at home Moose. Hopefully in front of the woodburner with a good book or two, and a decent malt, listening to some good music with the pooch at my feet and the cats in the cradle! My idea of heaven!

But....I'll more than likely be taking trips out to favourite places in the area. Especially if it snows, or there's a hard frost.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 5:14 am
Banned

sunset87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaw

Very nice Photos.
Thanks very much for it......
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

This is one of the best yet, you certainly have a eye for the moment.This is so French, the narrow street, clean! and even with no one there, it looks chilled. I like the drain pipe, three different (replaced) sections and different colours. Yet it fits in so well.

I know what you mean about the western disease. It is sad but i think its gripping the entire world. I dont think people realise how fast that train is moving until they actually get off and sit on the platform and simply watch other trains go by. Sometimes no matter how good things are its just never enough. I have decided to use trams, trains are just too fast and dont stop enough.

Funny as most of the photo's posted are the opposite to that fast life. They show just how things can be. Interestingly these type of photo's make you feel more relaxed. I noted DC paints/draws, like photography something else that can give a sense of peace and well being. Amazing what images can give.

Hope you have a relaxing break in front of that log fire. Look forward to your new year photo's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.